Builds AK HJ-75 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wife’s contribution to the home on wheels.

102FDB7F-94AC-4E14-B096-A78C92C69B91.jpeg

3B304A69-2933-4D4E-951E-D1C8AA917165.jpeg

F076A8BF-22FE-4C95-B5E6-3D4CE929211D.jpeg

BAF2CF76-F81A-4D2C-B994-26669C171DCF.jpeg

I had big plans to use the old bed for a trailer. Today I got a good look at it and Decided it had too much rust, so chopped it up so I can take it to the dump. Man that bed is heavy. Each side piece probably weighs in at about 90lbs each. What was left of the bed/floor is over 100lbs. The front piece is probably around 75lbs.

9F7D3416-8732-41D0-A5E3-62202642303F.jpeg

0BBB7117-246E-4756-A4DB-9C6E8CA9E37C.jpeg

FCCD40D0-28BB-4772-96BD-551F55FE52C9.jpeg

Got a LHD cabin fan squirrel cage. It doubled the wind being blown. If you have a RHD cabin fan blower you can use it in a LHD application if you swap the wires to the motor and it will blow a decent amount of air, but swapping the squirrel cage you will just about double the air flow.

20C6859D-0AF6-4C41-9363-48C78C5082C8.jpeg

Got a LHD cabin fan squirrel cage. It doubled the wind being blown. If you have a RHD cabin fan blower you can use it in a LHD application if you swap the wires to the motor and it will blow a decent amount of air, but swapping the squirrel cage you will just about double the air flow.

View attachment 3038902
Did you happen to get new squirrels too? 🤔 I would have to imagine fresh legs would make a difference as well... 😅

Much more convenient!! I managed to avoid the binding issue by reversing the strut... the rod on the downside and cylinder side up top. But looks like you got it squared away... 👍
This is how they need to get installed.....cylinder up, rod down. The cylinder touches the hinge I think when it's down.

I'll make a change to the instructions to make sure it's oriented correctly. I know the pic in the instructions shows it correctly installed :)

This is how they need to get installed.....cylinder up, rod down. The cylinder touches the hinge I think when it's down.

I'll make a change to the instructions to make sure it's oriented correctly. I know the pic in the instructions shows it correctly installed :)
Never had any instructions 🤷‍♂️

I didn't get any with mine either when I had the kit and ended up doing it wrong as well.
Never had any instructions 🤷‍♂️

Well crap.....these must have been the early kits. We came up with instructions for the later setup......bolt on upper mounts vs. pop riveted ones. I should have sent you guys instructions with he updated parts. Sorry about that.

Well crap.....these must have been the early kits. We came up with instructions for the later setup......bolt on upper mounts vs. pop riveted ones. I should have sent you guys instructions with he updated parts. Sorry about that.
no problem, maybe next time ;)

I bought a couple of “air horn” horns that had been advertised on Facebook that were supposed to be just as loud as the train horns. I was a little suspect when the price was something like $15.00 each. Oh well for the price I felt like gambling. Installed and they were just as I expected, junk. Oh well.

E4ACA03D-3AAF-409D-950F-A8535137EB3E.jpeg

I bought a couple of “air horn” horns that had been advertised on Facebook that were supposed to be just as loud as the train horns. I was a little suspect when the price was something like $15.00 each. Oh well for the price I felt like gambling. Installed and they were just as I expected, junk. Oh well.

View attachment 3040861
Thanks for testing for the rest of us that wondered! 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom