Builds AK HJ-75 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I had a new mount made out of stainless in the similar design as the Alu-cab

84E28651-C325-476F-B421-EBAFD3544DE0.jpeg

CAD49F42-7811-4DAE-A772-9DFC464DD229.jpeg

I've been thinking of doing that.
Is that sort of overlying the Toyota mirror?

I've been thinking of doing that.
Is that sort of overlying the Toyota mirror?
yeah, it straps to the mirror. been wanting to try and replace the original mirror with this one, kind of like one of the experts on here already has done.

yeah, it straps to the mirror. been wanting to try and replace the original mirror with this one, kind of like one of the experts on here already has done.
What do you think of that mirror while driving? Kind of different, right?

I've seemed to get used to mine......I really like it.

I get a lot of glare so not very happy
I feel like when I first drove with mine I was kind of less than happy but after a bit of time I don't really notice any shortcomings. Kind of seems really perfect....for me at least.

Bet you could cut an anti-glare screen cover out of something for a table. Might be an easy fix.

I feel like when I first drove with mine I was kind of less than happy but after a bit of time I don't really notice any shortcomings. Kind of seems really perfect....for me at least.

Bet you could cut an anti-glare screen cover out of something for a table. Might be an easy fix.
I did a initial search for anti-glare screen, like maybe for a tablet or laptop but came up empty. I will have to keep searching.

Kind of amazing that I have only lost one item during this whole rebuild. I miss placed the installation hardware for what I believe to be the original Toyota hood guard, or whatever we call it🤣. Before I got this Ute I had purchased a hood guard from a group buy and decided to install it. I can always remove this one and install the original one when/if I find the hardware.

0E5F954F-5B14-49C8-80EF-50C88CF93051.jpeg

3501F7E4-1FE5-4EB4-97D3-F1C3988AC84B.jpeg

7182EC20-801C-4C0B-92CC-B5B5A8CCA328.jpeg

C91102E5-0AFC-4F5C-A26D-BD336F7E598B.jpeg

2ED19DB0-0B46-4E98-9FB6-AA2337C042DD.jpeg

I get a lot of glare so not very happy

I am sure you have seen the more high dollar ones? They act as both a mirror and a screen for cameras. We kind of want to put one in the 67 HDJ45 we are building but it just doesn’t go with the old school vibe so much. I think as a normal mirror they maybe don’t have the glare issue? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cheers

I am sure you have seen the more high dollar ones? They act as both a mirror and a screen for cameras. We kind of want to put one in the 67 HDJ45 we are building but it just doesn’t go with the old school vibe so much. I think as a normal mirror they maybe don’t have the glare issue? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cheers
haven't tried higher priced ones, had heard good reviews from guys down under on this one I bought, but they were using theirs in Troopies, so don't know if using this in a ute vs troopy makes any difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom