Builds AK HJ-75 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Window in for the picture. Still have to figure a good seal around the window frame

353631E4-A43D-41EF-A8D9-0BFA38373C22.jpeg

Wow! Looks great! Are you planning to cut the floor out of the original tent base, or make a new mounting lip on the canopy?

Exactly how I'd build my next one with the cutout floor. What a cool build.

If I had known the manufacturer of your top had a shorter version in a 75 bed size I would have bought one of their caps instead of building mine.

My canopy is really nice.....great build quality. Watching yours being built, I'd love to do one. Maybe do it with carbon fiber sides or something.

I was talking to them about doing something like what you are doing....I'd love to be able to stand up in my truck for some reason. Would be a little easier than climbing up the ladder to the tent. I have a pretty shallow rear bed because of the drawers which I wouldn't give up...but I think it would work pretty well.

Your tent will be level with the cab's roof? That will look great.....you could do a rack on the roof of the cab and one on the tent. So much room up there.

My canopy is really nice.....great build quality. Watching yours being built, I'd love to do one. Maybe do it with carbon fiber sides or something.

I was talking to them about doing something like what you are doing....I'd love to be able to stand up in my truck for some reason. Would be a little easier than climbing up the ladder to the tent. I have a pretty shallow rear bed because of the drawers which I wouldn't give up...but I think it would work pretty well.

Your tent will be level with the cab's roof? That will look great.....you could do a rack on the roof of the cab and one on the tent. So much room up there.

The tent won’t be flush with the cab, the bottom half is 4” tall. I think the top half should be 4” so it will be slightly higher than the cab. Desire is to be able to fit in my standard hight size garage door. Top should be about 2” higher than the top of the cab

55E57EF9-30BC-48EA-830D-0220FB6CF9AC.jpeg

It's going to look really good at that height.

Are you going to run drawers in the rear or will you do a build out of some kind? Or do we have to wait for you to surprise us? :)

It's going to look really good at that height.

Are you going to run drawers in the rear or will you do a build out of some kind? Or do we have to wait for you to surprise us? :)

Right now no plans. Will wait till this is done then see how things are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom