Builds AK HJ-75 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Step backwards day. Take the dash padding and air handling unit out so I could install the one mount needed for the one bracket I forgot about. While there I also removed one of those metal tabs that holds the padding and moved it to where it should be in a lhd application. This gave me the opportunity to install the lhd upped dash pad that I found after I installed and butchered the rhd pad. Still don’t have a lhd lower firewall pad so will stick with the butchered rhd pad.

63EE1E17-BE6A-4913-8C21-286C63330D64.jpeg

^^I like it, but IMHO, I might be worried that’s a bit too rigid of a connection.
The engine will twist and vibrate as time passes, I just hope it doesn’t create
a stress causing fracture or something like that on the cross tube. Maybe I’m
off base, but just my own thought. J

Then tried the grill. Won’t fit, even if I removed the welded fitting for the big Toyota badge. If I was to remove this metal tab and ground down the back side of the grill it might fit. Would hate to modify a metal grill just to find out it wasn’t enough clearance. I do have a spare one. I think I would rather find a 1990-99, I think, plastic grill to modify. Thoughts?

9256FD20-9EDD-4E56-A7C5-CE7DA1160DB6.jpeg

AA9C23D6-1908-49C0-A316-24B15983EFB1.jpeg

CD6BED42-4040-46ED-A28E-5EAF5BEB220B.jpeg

This is what is pictured on their website. I think modifying this vintage plastic grill is the way to go as it seems to protrude more than early versions...

PDI+Landcruiser+HDJ79+Front+mount+Intercooler+Core+with+grill+LHS.JPG

You can always update the look and get the 79 series markers And grill like @Onur did. I’m a fan of the “TOYOTA” metal grills but his setup looked pretty sharp.
I’m going to have the same issue as you if I go with front mount so I may switch.

You can always update the look and get the 79 series markers And grill like @Onur did. I’m a fan of the “TOYOTA” metal grills but his setup looked pretty sharp.
I’m going to have the same issue as you if I go with front mount so I may switch.
hmmm...

@coldtaco I had the same trouble with the grill after installing the PDI IC, did what @hoser did at first, but that requires cutting out all the structural strength out of the plastic grill, it ended up cracking all the way through after a few months. I then took a steel grill found on 73/74 models, and fabbed up a center section out of some mesh that sticks out further to clear the I/C, I'll post some pics later.

So, I have a plan for the wiring harness. Will see how it works. I will move wiring that needs moved, like wipers, blower motor. And then I will install it back like it came out and make extensions for all that needs to be towards the left, like steering wheel wiring, dash wiring, brake light and such. Will see how that works.

985C7281-5220-43D3-B5C7-578AE1A01AB8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom