AHC switch intermittent operation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know how to buy a switch....thanks anyways.
Did you read the link he posted? lol.

It shows why you can't (presumably in most cases) just clean it to fix it.

I thought that was an unusually helpful and succinct post.

I know how to buy a switch....thanks anyways.
Really? What about trying a little lack of disrespect for these guys trying to help you.

Telling me to buy a switch isn't helping. I simply asked if anyone had took one apart and was able to clean it.
Ok but in my opinion and experience, and I believe many others, there are many times where these helpful experts make intentional efforts to help others. They will spend a lot of there time to help….ending up not being the solution in the end. But so what, they are trying for no reason at all other than to assist others.

Even when it’s frustrating to not find the answer, I think it’s better to make sure not to sound disrespectful. And I’m talking to ME here as well.

Ok but in my opinion and experience, and I believe many others, there are many times where these helpful experts make intentional efforts to help others. They will spend a lot of there time to help….ending up not being the solution in the end. But so what, they are trying for no reason at all other than to assist others.

Even when it’s frustrating to not find the answer, I think it’s better to make sure not to sound disrespectful. And I’m talking to ME here as well.

I understand that, and I had already read that article. Knee jerk reaction on my part...absolutely and I own up to it

I'll dive into mine today and see if I can fix it. I'll update tonight.

Vinegar on a Q-tip may help if corroded

I have a spare, known working switch that I can send to you - use it to confirm it is indeed the switch that is giving you trouble. LMK.

I also have a spare switch that works great, but the traces for illumination are borked.

I won't send it to you, though, because you said you know how to buy a new switch.

I know it's the internet, but maybe hold those knee-jerk responses for when someone actually spills hot soup on you.

Anyone took this switch apart and cleaned it? Mine is intermittent at times and need it working reliably for an obx trip coming up.

It has all been said in the earlier replies -- here are a couple of old posts with pictures of the AHC console switch from longtime AHC guru @PADDO:

Just an update. Switch became more intermittent and eventually stopped the hi button all together. Everything was super clean when I took it apart. Well....had a spare from an 04 and cleaned it up, connector was different so can't use it. Anyways, while cleaning that one up I didnt realize that the switches just come off.

My brother who has possession of the LX right now while I'm gone for work took it back apart and discovered a small piece of trash under the up button. Took it out, cleaned the contact and everything is good to go again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom