AHC bottomed out C1732 & C1736 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My v8 lc100 is bottomed out, OFF light flashing and I have 2 active codes C1732 and C1736. Car was left to sit for a year, been in rain so I think humidity might have damaged cables but all appears good. Techstream is not working becuase of the cheap ebay cable but I have another OBD2 Diag. Device which shows live data and history.

So far I've checked the pump motor, height sensors, continuity of cables from Control Valve Ass. to AHC ecu according to EWG, new accumulators, cleaned and checked the control valve electrical assembly...

I ony have a couple hair left on my head so any input would be greatly appriciated.

What do you mean by “checked the pump motor”? Take it apart to clean it?

Nope, just applied 12V and heard noise so I put a checkmark and moved on. I couldn't do active tests from under the hood connector, will attempt from OBD port by shorting 2 pins to ensure pump works from ahc ecu. Also now I'm thinking the Accumulator Solenoid which connects to no.6 pin of AHC ECU, have to check those cables for continuity, either way I'm not getting any sleep :confused:

I can take the pump ass. apart and clean it with brake cleaner just for peace of mind but I don't see how this might be related to the fault codes I'm seeing.

FYI the front came down first during the yearlong sitting period. The fluid inside is not old, flushed a year prior to the car sitting for a year.
What do you mean by “checked the pump motor”? Take it apart to clean it?

WhatsApp Görsel 2024-02-09 saat 09.46.51_b9270012.jpg

Ahh. I was thinking the 1732 was a fluid pressure issue.

Mine failed due to the torsion bars. There was too much of the weight on the shocks making the AHC pressures too high up front and going into failsafe mode. I had to turn the torsion bar adjustors several times on each side to get the front pressures back within spec and it immediately started working without doing anything else. I think before I adjusted the torsion bars, my front pressure was over 8.9 MPa up front. Now it sits at a consistent 6.9 MPa front and 6.3 MPa in rear with a couple 15mm spacers I added to the stock springs.
This video is the go-to for me regarding AHC pressures.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom