AHC Removal Help/Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey,

I have swapped everything to OME and I am looking to get the AHC parts off the vehicle. Most are in good shape, so I am trying to save what I can and pass on to some local guys who need help. As I am removing, I have hit a couple of snags and would love to get some insight before I move forward.

Any tips or tricks for getting these fittings loose? I would really like to save these, so any tips would be appreciated.

AHC 1.jpg

Is this part of the AHC? Can it be removed?

AHC 2.jpg

After I get all the hoses disconnected, how to I get these reservoir units off the truck? I have removed everything I can see from below, but it feels like there is something holding them from above. Can someone point me in the right direction (location, size, etc.)?

AHC 3.jpg

Thanks in advance for all the help and advice!

JB

Probably just age and rust. Little tug with a pry bar might speed things along

Probably just age and rust. Little tug with a pry bar might speed things along

So there is nothing on the top holding it on the frame?

Anyone else have thoughts?

So there is nothing on the top holding it on the frame?
If I remember correctly I think there is. Hidden bolts or nuts on the top of the frame. I know removing all of the AHC components on the frame was one of the toughest jobs I’ve ever done. Back when I did mine I posted that I didn’t see how there was anyway to do it without flex head ratchet wrench’s, and even then it was crazy getting to them. There was something around the passenger side rear wheel area that almost made me lose my mind. I can’t remember if it was a line or what. Completely removing everything is a PITA for sure, but it’s worth it.

If I remember correctly I think there is. Hidden bolts or nuts on the top of the frame. I know removing all of the AHC components on the frame was one of the toughest jobs I’ve ever done. Back when I did mine I posted that I didn’t see how there was anyway to do it without flex head ratchet wrench’s, and even then it was crazy getting to them. There was something around the passenger side rear wheel area that almost made me lose my mind. I can’t remember if it was a line or what. Completely removing everything is a PITA for sure, but it’s worth it.

Thanks for sharing. I think something is up there too.

Can this be removed?

AHC 2.jpg

Any good ideas how to get these hoses loose?

AHC 1.jpg

Undo those lines with the open end of a box wrench. If they strip use vicegrips.

There is a 10mm bolt on top of those which is a major pain to remove but even harder is the clamp for the hardline if you decide to remove the lines.

Removing the AHC is the hardest thing I've ever done on a vehicle... and I used a lift.

@ga12r1 I bet the part driving you crazy is the 10mm bolt/phillips head bolt holding the hardlines.

I would never remove another AHC system without pulling the body...... or I'd just leave everything in place

Undo those lines with the open end of a box wrench. If they strip use vicegrips.

There is a 10mm bolt on top of those which is a major pain to remove but even harder is the clamp for the hardline if you decide to remove the lines.

Removing the AHC is the hardest thing I've ever done on a vehicle... and I used a lift.

@ga12r1 I bet the part driving you crazy is the 10mm bolt/phillips head bolt holding the hardlines.

I would never remove another AHC system without pulling the body...... or I'd just leave everything in place

Box wrenches are just chewing the little fittings. I may have to switch to vice grips for those. The larger ones may do better after some additional soaking.

Thanks for letting me know about the 10mm on top. I have some flex head ratcheting wrenches. Hope I can make it happen. It's not dire straits, but would like to have it hone.

Surprisingly enough, all the 100mm's holding the hardline have all broken loose. :meh:

flarenut wrench is a must for those fittings

husky-flare-nut-wrenches-hfnw6pc-64_1000.jpg

Probably going to switch to vice grips. While I would love more wrenches, I would also like to save a few bucks on this project.

How so? What makes it worth it?
Worth it to me I guess. Not having unnecessary non-working junk under the cruiser. I do almost all of my own work and I just like it to be clean under there. It’s quite a lot of extra weight too.

As you can see in the pic below, the top bolt is lined up with the hole opposite the globe for reference. You will have to do it by feel and use a stubby ratcheting wrench..

View attachment 1965328

Thank you That is very helpful.

I’m currently working on removal of the AHC components on my wife’s 2002 LX. The FSM has been extremely helpful.

Let me know if you wants me to snap a few pics for reference.

I’m currently working on removal of the AHC components on my wife’s 2002 LX. The FSM has been extremely helpful.

Let me know if you wants me to snap a few pics for reference.

Please !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom