AHC Fluid Change Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a 1998 LX470 that I picked up as non running and it has been in the Low setting since I got it. I am planning on flushing the AHC system but before I do that, I wanna get opinions on what to do first. Currently, there seems to be barely, if any, AHC fluid in the reservoir. I came across the AHC fluid change for dummies guide which I will use to help me do it.

My question is: should I pour in new fluid to max line and do the test to see if my system is even still good where I go into High, then low and compare the variation marks between, OR should I just suck out whatever fluid is left in the reservoir and bleed everything out with the car already in low without doing the test and then pour in new fluid and bleed it again? Let me know what you guys think

I would fill it with fresh fluid up the max line and connect techstream (or the OBD Fusion app and ELM dongle).

The grad test is not necessarily a good test until you confirm that you have reasonable pressures in N.

First step is to read data.

Without knowing any data, we're all just shooting blind. If forced to shoot blind, I'd add some fluid and crank the torsion bars up (clockwise) 5 turns each. I bet it would go into N after that.

I would fill it with fresh fluid up the max line and connect techstream (or the OBD Fusion app and ELM dongle).

The grad test is not necessarily a good test until you confirm that you have reasonable pressures in N.

First step is to read data.

Without knowing any data, we're all just shooting blind. If forced to shoot blind, I'd add some fluid and crank the torsion bars up (clockwise) 5 turns each. I bet it would go into N after that.
Gotcha. Well, today I filled it up to the max line went in to try it and then realized my height control is blinking "off". I tried pressing the up button and it doesn't do anything. From other threads I've read, it seems like it can be anything from bad height sensors, bad pump motor, or air in the system. What should be my first step now?

Also, is there a free iOS app that I can use with my bluetooth dongle or is OBD Fusion the best one? I have a VGate obd2, kinda dont wanna spend $10 on the app though

Gotcha. Well, today I filled it up to the max line went in to try it and then realized my height control is blinking "off". I tried pressing the up button and it doesn't do anything. From other threads I've read, it seems like it can be anything from bad height sensors, bad pump motor, or air in the system. What should be my first step now?

Also, is there a free iOS app that I can use with my bluetooth dongle or is OBD Fusion the best one? I have a VGate obd2, kinda dont wanna spend $10 on the app though
Like I said before step one is to read data.

Obd fusion with the special elm dongle is the ONLY phone based app setup I've seen that can do it for under $100.

You need to read the AHC ecu. It is not accessible via the simple obd scanners.

Then you need the paid obd fusion app and the paid extension set for your car.

Orrrr you can set up Techstream on a laptop.

As a general note, prepare for spending $$$ to keep this vehicle running properly. AHC aside, the 100 series is not cheap to maintain. It lasts forever if you keep up with it, but it is not cheap. Warm up that wallet, lol.

Obd fusion with the special elm dongle is the ONLY phone based app setup I've seen that can do it for under $100.

As a general note, prepare for spending $$$ to keep this vehicle running properly. AHC aside, the 100 series is not cheap to maintain. It lasts forever if you keep up with it, but it is not cheap. Warm up that wallet, lol.
Hahah got it. Well, I will setup Techstream then and report back with what I find. Thanks

Stupid question: where all 5 doors closed?

Stupid question: where all 5 doors closed?
Yes they were. Would any lights on the dash possibly stop it from working? I have brake light on (not sure why), the parking brake is down. I also have my seat belt light blinking because I have my passenger seat out of the car since I was vacuuming and shampooing carpets.

I wouldn't think so as it is a seperate circuit.
Doors, all 5 of them are important.

Okay so I scanned AHC and got code C1762. I searched it up and I see bleeding the actuator of air could help. Any other tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom