AHC confort vs sport (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Up to now i hadn't seen anyone compare the AHC settings and the difference they make like these guys did in this video. I'm not sure how much was changed between the 570 and 600, but the difference on mine feels night and day as well. I thought about doing a similar comparison but mine is modded so it would be far from something objective.

I have 14 LX and honestly, I can't feel any difference between Sport or Comfort... maybe time for new accumulators?

Last edited:
Mine is 13 no mods and I do feel a big diff between sport and comfort. The diff is in both perceived comfort and handling. Broken highway, bad expansion joints - I use comfort mode. For around town and more agile handling I use sport.

Mine is 13 no mods and I do feel a big diff between sport and comfort. The diff is in both perceived comfort and handling. Broken highway, bad expansion joints - I use comfort mode. For around town and more agile handling I use sport.
How many miles on your truck?

I can tell a big difference between the 2 on my 2015. I really like it when I’m rolling heavy, like 6 passengers and all our gear. Really cuts down on the body roll, especially with a roof top carrier. Also use it when I’m in the twisties up in the mountains.

Mine is a 2010 with 150k and I can definitely feel the difference. I leave it in normal for around town driving, comfort for some of the beat-to-rubble roads in my neighborhood, and sport when I'm in the mountains, anywhere "twisty." I have experience with a wide variety of solid axle and IFS toyotas, but I was shocked by the LX's ability to hustle up a canyon road in "sport" mode. Handling unlike any truck I've ever driven except maybe a 2wd hilux, and in a vehicle that weighs nearly twice as much. I understand this is common to more "modern" trucks, but it was a shocker for me.

Last edited:
09 LX here. I can definitely tell the difference. I bet it’s not as noticeable if you have 18’s vs the 20’s with that extra sidewall. It’s amazing how well this beast handles in the turns on sport mode. Better than it has any right to for sure.

After 4-wheeling a difficult trail, I noticed on the way home that the switch wasn't doing anything. It felt like the car was in sport mode no matter the position of the switch. It turns out that the AHC system was throwing a code in Techstream that pointed me to the front passenger actuator that got damaged on the trail. I replaced the actuator and the system went back to normal operation.

I can't tell the difference when moving the switch on my 14. How do you know you need globes replaced and not new shocks?

I can't tell the difference when moving the switch on my 14. How do you know you need globes replaced and not new shocks?
The shocks only need to be replaced when they are leaking. Aside from the seals they are just chambers.
The high pressure nitrogen in the accumulators is always crossing the membrane (at a very slow rate), so the loss of pressure there could be more time related than use related.
Estimates of that time vary, but 10 years is as good a guess as any.

the different modes also change the shift points of the transmission, with sport+ somewhat akin to the ECT/PWR mode of the LC.

My ‘13 LX is very noticeable, so much so, that on off ramps I put it back in normal on a long road trip.

When mine was starting to get to where the suspension felt more bumpy and almost like the shock absorbers were not doing their job, I also noticed that there was little to no difference between normal and comfort. I ended up changing all 4 globes / accumulators along with fresh fluid flush and it was night & day difference. Felt like brand new suspension. This was on my 2009 LX.

-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom