Advice on lifting a 100 on sloped driveway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am fortunate to have a house with two driveways - unfortunately both present problem for jacking up a vehicle. My south driveway, which is wider, is sloped towards a drain in the middle. I am no expert in construction, so I would describe the slope as forming a very gentle valley similar to a "V" with a drain at the base. Would it be better to park the LC with one tire on each side of the "V" before putting it on jack stands, or with both tires on the same side?

The other option would be the north driveway - this is smaller and flat, but paved with stone, so it is an uneven surface. I'm thinking to lift a vehicle on this surface would require temporarily covering the uneven stones with plywood to create a flat surface.

Any advice as to which option would be best?

South Driveway.jpg

North Driveway.jpg

This is harder than paper or plastic. I would go with the solid concrete, most level spot you can find.

I lean towards the concrete driveway and straddle the "V". Doesn't look like a very serious slope in the picture, but that could be deceiving.

Recently ran in to this issue with a slightly forward sloping driveway. Are you planning on have all four wheels jacked up at once? Ended up just doing two at a time in the end and definitely glad I did. It’s a heavy vehicle and unless you are super sure everything is supported well it just felt safer not jacking all four at once.

If you're really concerned about it (which is understandable, safe jacking methods are literally life or death), just lift one side or one end at a time leaving the other two tires on the ground. Chock the two that are still on the ground. Make sure the truck is in park and set the e-brake as hard as you can. Good jack stands are a must. Also, when you remove the wheels you can put them underneath the frame rails so if worst case scenario does occur the truck won't come all the way to the ground

go to home depot and cut some 6x6 in 1 foot long blocks and use them to spread the weight of the truck on the wood before meeting the jack stands

done this myself, and always over compansate. I am using 6 ton jack stands and NOT anything from HF.

If you're really concerned about it (which is understandable, safe jacking methods are literally life or death), just lift one side or one end at a time leaving the other two tires on the ground. Chock the two that are still on the ground. Make sure the truck is in park and set the e-brake as hard as you can. Good jack stands are a must. Also, when you remove the wheels you can put them underneath the frame rails so if worst case scenario does occur the truck won't come all the way to the ground

^^^^^

This can not be stressed enough. IF you don't do this....you'll quickly find out that your vehicle WILL roll away as soon as you lift the front off the ground.

You can lock the center diff to avoid this but set the parking brake anyway. Many a person has learned this the hard way. Its pretty unnerving if your driveway has a slope to it. (not that this has ever happened to me). :redface:

That's honestly nothing i've worked on vehicles on my sloped driveway that most probably wouldn't lol

Like they said can do just one side, center diff locked, e-brake and chocked wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom