Advice on Repair/Remedying Corrosion on Frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
25EA1E5A-4712-4BED-B4AF-27DCB795A8FD.jpeg

Looking for advice on this runaway corrosion on the frame. It’s the left side rear near the spring.

It looks like one of the pre-drilled holes got carried away and this was never addressed. Strange thing is there is zero body rust and the paint is 9/10 for a 2002.

If I can find a body shop willing to work on it do you think they could put a sleeve around it?

This is a common rust area on these. Are you in VA? Lance at Iron Pig Offroad in Fredericksburg can help you out. He fixed a couple spots on my truck by cutting them out and welding in a new plate. Very professional work.

Cut out the rust, weld in new metal. Do not put a sleeve around it as that will just end up rusting away as well.

This is a common rust area on these. Are you in VA? Lance at Iron Pig Offroad in Fredericksburg can help you out. He fixed a couple spots on my truck by cutting them out and welding in a new plate. Very professional work.
Yea I’m about an hour from Fredericksburg; I’ll give Lance a call, thanks for the recommendation.

Can you offer advice on how much I should expect to pay?

Cheers!

Yea I’m about an hour from Fredericksburg; I’ll give Lance a call, thanks for the recommendation.

Can you offer advice on how much I should expect to pay?

Cheers!
I paid $1000 for a spot that was similar size along with a big powerwash of the undercarriage. I would expect around $600 maybe?? He will know the area you are talking about and can probably give you a good estimate over the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom