Adventure Trailer: Overlanding model (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

desertdude said:
Just an observation - After viewing Adventure trailers in the field - and now in the last week being in Death Valley behind a CN101 and an M416 - both with tents and properly balance weight distribution. The real difference is in the suspension - the adventure trailers ride smooth and track nicely through all the different terrain - in DV both military trailers while they followed nicely and climbed over all the obstacles - they were quite bouncey behind the vehicles ( both LC100 series) the suspension on military trailers are so stiff and out of synch with the modern 100 series that it made for a dancing show on the washboard...

Edit note to self: must rethink the CN101 trailer rebuild idea

You know what's funny Pasquale, I know you (and others) said my M101 was doing the washboard boggie all over the place, but I never felt it...not even once. I thought the M 101 handled and behaved pretty well. I did see it bouncing around i my rear view mirror a few times but didn't think much of it. (Except for when it kicked up a rock at took out the back window):flipoff2: Having said that, I'd sell my M101 in a heatbeat for one of these Chasers.....
Image-CE34B443B8F411DA.jpg

That could be 'cause you were pulling it with that fine 100 series LC ;)

I hear you loud and clear on the Chaser model

interesting article. Can you elaborate on the suspension system design. Is it completely custom or off the shelf? Also, given the obvious visual similarities, how is it different from an M416 (apart from the accessories, suspension and the hitch)

son of a biscuit !!!! just when i think i'm doing something a little different with my junk things like this show up.

Last edited:
semlin said:
interesting article. Can you elaborate on the suspension system design. Is it completely custom or off the shelf? Also, given the obvious visual similarities, how is it different from an M416 (apart from the accessories, suspension and the hitch)

The suspension is full custom trailing A arm, independent, air sprung (firestone bags) and shock dampened (OME or Rancho RSX). 6/7/8" travel options and ride height/load adjustable.

Different than M416 (key diff.):

1. Modular (you can replace any panel)
2. Longer tub
3. Longer drawbar to accomodate the fuel and water
4. New tailgate option

FYI: It is purported the rubber air bladders do provide some dampening that you would not get with a metal spring. I was told this is the reason the acute shock angle works so well on the AT trailer suspension design...

Hey guys.
I was searching the net for tent info, and stumbled across this thread that had some points about my review of the Adventure Trailer on the geezer webpage. Thought I'd check in and add some info..

pplkook hit it right on the head - my first trip was to The Wall, not a difficult trail by any means. He suggested I take it on the north trail to San Juanico instead. Well guess what? I did Twice! And even though it was rough enough to blow two shocks on the Gwagen and break one spring, the suspension on the adventure trailer survived. Mind you, one shock got hot enough to melt the dust cover. But it held. This suspension design really does work. I don't think you could find a tougher challenge than the washboard on that trail. I'll update the review properly when I get a chance.

http://web.mac.com/rgrussell/iWeb/Geezer/Trailer.html

Does she float?

Can the lug pattern/wheel be specified at time of order?

Yes...AT had wheel spacers/adapters made so that I could run my LC 100 wheels...

Different wheels on AT trailer

Yes.
The trailer hubs only come in only one bolt pattern, but Adventure Trailers had a set of adapter/spacers made to run the G500 wheels on there. It's handy to have the same rims and tires on the truck and the trailer.
You can still service the axle bearings without removing the adapter/spacer, but its tight.

How many people have ordered or gotten the Chaser?
What options did you get?
Are there any options you wish you got or changes you would make?

I'm sold on the idea of a trailer. Space is at a premium in my new truck vs. my old P/U and I like the idea of a roof top tent but don't want it on the roof while wheeling... too many low objects around here.

Now for the fun part deciding what options to get...

How many people have ordered or gotten the Chaser?
What options did you get?
Are there any options you wish you got or changes you would make?

I'm sold on the idea of a trailer. Space is at a premium in my new truck vs. my old P/U and I like the idea of a roof top tent but don't want it on the roof while wheeling... too many low objects around here.

Now for the fun part deciding what options to get...

Not a direct response to your question however an FYI: I vacilated between the two models and ended up selecting the Horizon. Mainly the side boxes with the 2-burner stove was the final deciding factor (and also the shorter/wider main box dimensions makes it a little easier to access gear from the back without lifting the top lid). And after using the Horizon for several multi-day outings already I would make the same decision again for our needs and application. We really use and need the side boxes...expecially in camp...they are sooooo handy.

I just got my Chaser two days ago but have not been able to use it yet. I got the lid, surco racks, and gas cans. I put my Thule space shuttle on top of the trailer.
I did get to meet Mario personally and he is a class act person. I'm glad I have my Chaser!

I just got my Chaser two days ago but have not been able to use it yet. I got the lid, surco racks, and gas cans. I put my Thule space shuttle on top of the trailer.
I did get to meet Mario personally and he is a class act person. I'm glad I have my Chaser!

Congrats! You're gonna love it. And Mario and his partner Martyn are great guys.

Love our Horizon. Side boxes & stove make for a great unit. Mario & Martin are super great guys to deal with.

Ok, I thought I had decided on the Chaser lower profile longer box... but now I'm thinking of going back to the Horizon for the side boxes...

I'm looking to be able to setup and take down camp quickly and have the ability to use the trailer for haling around other as needed...

Other then Camping what are peaple using there trailers for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom