Adventure Trailer: Overlanding model (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

for those of you guys asking for action pictures of the trailer...is not a Land Cruiser...but are we talking about the trailer right?
The trailer did Rubicon, with no problems...
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesh...de=fromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1
:beer:

Yes...both Adventure Trailer models, the Horizon and the Chaser have made it across the Rubicon, Baja, et al. These are the bomb...for the money. We picked our Horizon up on Labor Day weekend and have used it 4-times...the last outing was 2-weeks ago for 5-days. Packing up tonight for SnT. No way, especially after using mine quite heavily, would I give up the side boxes, stove, etc...Having said that the Chaser is lighter.

Ok, I thought I had decided on the Chaser lower profile longer box... but now I'm thinking of going back to the Horizon for the side boxes...

I'm looking to be able to setup and take down camp quickly and have the ability to use the trailer for haling around other as needed...

Other then Camping what are peaple using there trailers for?

Just camping so far.

for those of you guys asking for action pictures of the trailer...is not a Land Cruiser...but are we talking about the trailer right?
The trailer did Rubicon, with no problems...
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesh...de=fromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1
:beer:

Very nice pics, thanks for the link. It was GREAT not to have to sign up with Kodak to see the pics. Dunno why others don't do the same thing :mad: Also, it's nice to see Jeeps and LRs playing nicely together :D I don't have the guts to do the Rubi in my 80, let alone drag a $6,000 trailer through it :eek:

For those of you with these types of trailers, how big are your family? I have two dogs, wife and a nine month old and I don't see how we can all be accomodated in this dinky tent and trailer combo :eek: These types of tents are great for sleeping and doing other things but that's about it I'd suspect! A four man tent isn't really suitable for four people and all of their gear. I want to be able to stay in a tent with all of our gear and still have room enough to move around. Particularly if the weather is bad.

I like the matching wheel concept on the trailer but what are the main reasons for this? If you have a flat on your tow vehicle, then you have two extra spares besides the one that's on your vehicle. But if you have two flat tires on your vehicle, steal one from the trailer and then what? Leave it behind while you go and repair the flat?

Another question I have is do you ever leave your trailer behind at the campground while you wheel your junk? If so, how comfortable are you with this? It's not like leaving a tent and a stove behind but a rather expensive item.

Not knocking anybody but just trying to justify this in my own mind! I love these things and their ability to haul a lot more stuff than my 80!

Cheers,

Ali

Last edited:
Very nice pics, thanks for the link. It was GREAT not to have to sign up with Kodak to see the pics. Dunno why others don't do the same thing :mad: Also, it's nice to see Jeeps and LRs playing nicely together :D I don't have the guts to do the Rubi in my 80, let alone drag a $6,000 trailer through it :eek:

For those of you with these types of trailers, how big are your family? I have two dogs, wife and a nine month old and I don't see how we can all be accomodated in this dinky tent and trailer combo :eek: These types of tents are great for sleeping and doing other things but that's about it I'd suspect! A four man tent isn't really suitable for four people and all of their gear. I want to be able to stay in a tent with all of our gear and still have room enough to move around. Particularly if the weather is bad.

I like the matching wheel concept on the trailer but what are the main reasons for this? If you have a flat on your tow vehicle, then you have two extra spares besides the one that's on your vehicle. But if you have two flat tires on your vehicle, steal one from the trailer and then what? Leave it behind while you go and repair the flat?

Another question I have is do you ever leave your trailer behind at the campground while you wheel your junk? If so, how comfortable are you with this? It's not like leaving a tent and a stove behind but a rather expensive item.

Not knocking anybody but just trying to justify this in my own mind! I love these things and their ability to haul a lot more stuff than my 80!

Cheers,

Ali

Ali,

FYI: Mario & Martyn at AT are in the process of having their own tent top made to their specs that will include, as an option I believe, a 10'x10' room option that connects/zippers to the tent...acting as a buffer zone to the sleeping compartment...I saw the original design and it looks like the cats meow! Until then we have a Eureka 10x14 tent (see SnT pics) that we use to get out of the elements, store clothing, a place for the dogs (2), etc. Plus the shower/portapotty tent...it all works great!!! I wanted a trailer I could pull anywhere a LC could go...otherwise go with a pop-up...but you already know the limitations on where you can pull one of those.

Matching wheel/tires allow me to rotate 7-wheels worth...and provide extra spares in an emergency situation for the LC.

When I am out wheel'n / hunting the LC tongue gets locked in either the trailer compartment or the LC itself. The trailer receiver gets locked in place along with a locked loc n roll. Nothing is ever totally theft proof...even while in your garage at home...but I am comfortable, with my set-up, when leaving the trailer at camp.

I thought about our Horizon for 6+months before we committed...and now after 6-times use since Labor Day when we picked it up from AT, including SnT...I'd easily make the same choice again...absolutely no second thoughts about it: It is great!

Dan

Ali,

When I am out wheel'n / hunting the LC tongue gets locked in either the trailer compartment or the LC itself. The trailer receiver gets locked in place along with a locked loc n roll. Nothing is ever totally theft proof...even while in your garage at home...but I am comfortable, with my set-up, when leaving the trailer at camp.

Dan

I would have a hard time leaving behind a $5000+ trailer with a $1400 tent on top and a $800 Engel inside it! But it sure is a nice package :D I guess the comfort margine would have to increase, otherwise, you'd drive yourself nutty!

:cheers:

I would have a hard time leaving behind a $5000+ trailer with a $1400 tent on top and a $800 Engel inside it! But it sure is a nice package :D I guess the comfort margine would have to increase, otherwise, you'd drive yourself nutty!

:cheers:

I think it would be easier to break into a house or even a lux vehicle parked at the mall than steal the trailer. I wouldn't leave it unattended in Tijuana for days/nights at a time...;). Nothing is 100% secure...for the rest we carry insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom