Adventure Trailer: Overlanding model (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rusty_tlc said:
Just thinking what would happen if I was stopped along 50 somewhere and one of the rednecks in central NV came by with a load of alpha. :flipoff2:

hay, hay, hay :grinpimp:

I asked Mario about the access to the storage. It can be configured to either a drivers or passenger side opening. Buyers choice...

Scott...
Tell us a little about the air bag system. I have had CV boots get poked by sticks on the trail and puncture...how heavy duty are the bags?
Good to see you made it home safe from the trip...

I am curious, the roads looked very dusty from the pics.....how dust free was the tent and the inside of the trailer? how about the other brands of tents and the other adventure trailers on the trip?

Scotty,

Please clear this up for me. Mario= Rubiconcruiser? I think I figured this out from the Diablo pics. In which case... "I AM AN ASS"!

Mario + Adventure Trailers.

$4500 DOES NOT = TRAILER PLUS TENT. The 4500 number was what Mario said was the approximate price of the Chaser as shown in the picture I post (see the air suspension photo).

The tent is listed on Mario's Adventure Trailers site, and on my website www.AutoHomeUS.com

Mike S

Adventure Trailers do not have their new models on their website yet. The Chaser starts at around $2300 for the box then add what you want. Their new King size tent, which I believe is made in California now, is $1600. All decked out with the forward storage box, battery, 19-gallon water storage tank, tent, electric brakes, air suspension yadee yadee yadee is around $7600.

brittan said:
Scott...
Tell us a little about the air bag system. I have had CV boots get poked by sticks on the trail and puncture...how heavy duty are the bags?
Good to see you made it home safe from the trip...

Thanks Amigo, we had a great time!

The airbag system uses 7" Firestone airbags, which are mounted on top of the 23" long trailing arm. The triangulated nature of the arm does a good job of protecting the bag.

If I were going to pull this trailer on an extended expedition, I would buy an extra bag just incase.

There are two air inlet ports on the tounge box and the airlines are run through the framerails.

I get the trailer back next weekend. I will do a detailed review and images then too. :beer:

BMAN said:
Scotty,

Please clear this up for me. Mario= Rubiconcruiser? I think I figured this out from the Diablo pics. In which case... "I AM AN ASS"!

No, not Mario. I am actually not sure who Rubiconcruiser is... I thought I had an idea, but the birthdate in his profile made that clear.

Last edited:
atavuss said:
I am curious, the roads looked very dusty from the pics.....how dust free was the tent and the inside of the trailer? how about the other brands of tents and the other adventure trailers on the trip?

That was actually one of the best results of the test. We ran into intensely fine silt and had very little ingress into the box. The front tongue box did have dust ingress, but has no seal. I know Mario is working on fitting a seal to that box as well.

Alright, I feel better about not being an Ass. RC is going by Jim Cowan or something other. I am assuming he is not affiliated w/ Adventure trailers and am calling him back out to buy a star and create a thread to pimp his own wares.

BTW the dust was so thick it was flying up out of wholes in the ground like puddles of on the windshield - so thick it settled on the ground and you could not see the tracks from the vehicle in front of you - We were riding behind all three of the trailers on this run and could see how well they articulated through the deep sand - rocky washes - and smooth pavement

The trailers seem to shed the dust ( excellent powder coating? )- so when it came time to park at camp the trailers where the cleanest vehicles in camp - inside and out

These units are well thought out - attention to details are excellent - this is the type of company/product you want to commit money to - lets face it many folks want to build trailers but in the end how many of us do - and to this quality? ( completely powder coated - suspension etc)

My mantra - "Buy the best and cry once"

Bman can you let a brotha 8.5K ? I want the horizon :)

Dude I can't even buy myself a friggin star. How you expect me to come off 8G's? I can't even scrape together 8 C-notes to buy a Canadian 101 from a fellow CSC member. ;)

As a matter of fact I can't even afford to pay attention as it is.

sandcruiser said:
maybe a picky point.... but if you are on a tight trail and need to get your stuff out it might be better if the trailer opened on the same side as the driver's door.

Ok
that's *really* picky. I know.

Move to a RHD country :)

Mike S said:
Mario + Adventure Trailers.

$4500 DOES NOT = TRAILER PLUS TENT. The 4500 number was what Mario said was the approximate price of the Chaser as shown in the picture I post (see the air suspension photo).

The tent is listed on Mario's Adventure Trailers site, and on my website www.AutoHomeUS.com

Mike S

thanks Mike

I have the trailer at home now. I went out this afternoon for some snow testing in Prescott, AZ.

PICTURES

Prescott_snow-07.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom