Adding SC to my 99 GCC build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Final drive is much lower . One of the downsides but not bad at all. I cruise around 2800 70-75 mph

Last edited:
20221015_093935.jpg

OEM fuel system was not stable with bigger pump and fuel pressure regulator. Making injectors more difficult to tune. Swapped fuel system lines, regulator to all Radium parts. Walbro pump. Added Radium catch can on pcv. Headers wrapped all the way to muffler. 3" stainless and longtubes dissipate crazy amount of heat to engine bay and undercarriage. Will see if this helps. LT headers and full exhaust are also much louder engine noise wise so this should quite it down a bit up front.

2wd kit next on list by end of Jan. :) Then back on the dyno for quick tune.

IMG-20230109-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20230109-WA0003.jpg

Are you using the stock fuel rails still?
Yes haven't found any direct bolt ons to swap them yet but so far haven't been a limiting factor. Honestly fuel system was probably fine stock with slightly larger injectors but return line was just to small for big fuel pump and caused weird pressures.

Damn that thing is rowdy! Looks like new too.
Thanks. It's coming along . Costing a fortune for all the small things but have to get my wrenching fix somehow in parking garage haha.

Next part of the project is getting IAT down . Fingers crossed Cooling plate from Elate is done before summer :)

Hi WP. Just really curious as to whether you are seeing any issue with RTA on the annual inspection. I recall articles a couple of years back where folks with modified engines were supposed to get some kind of sign off by a place down in Abu Dhabi. I looked into it a little and really could not make sense out of the whole process...

Hi WP. Just really curious as to whether you are seeing any issue with RTA on the annual inspection. I recall articles a couple of years back where folks with modified engines were supposed to get some kind of sign off by a place down in Abu Dhabi. I looked into it a little and really could not make sense out of the whole process...
Short Answer is from what I can tell its hit or miss depending where you go. Last inspection I just took mine to an off-road shop. They clean it up , charge for their time and they took it for me to an offroad "friendly" test center. :) RAMY Auto is the shop. They do tons of Jeep Superchargers and also wrote some articles on getting it RTA approved. Seems all that was a big hassle and easier to just install it properly dont run open exhaust and they can get it passed without the RTA certification. Same as all of Dubai. PAY to PLAY. Who really knows. Could be pulling the SC on the next inspection.

Others who dont want to pay or go to wild on their build just remove, install stock, pass RTA and reinstall. Labor at shops here for that type of work is very cheap as Im sure you know.

Short Answer is from what I can tell its hit or miss depending where you go. Last inspection I just took mine to an off-road shop. They clean it up , charge for their time and they took it for me to an offroad "friendly" test center. :) RAMY Auto is the shop. They do tons of Jeep Superchargers and also wrote some articles on getting it RTA approved. Seems all that was a big hassle and easier to just install it properly dont run open exhaust and they can get it passed without the RTA certification. Same as all of Dubai. PAY to PLAY. Who really knows. Could be pulling the SC on the next inspection.

Others who dont want to pay or go to wild on their build just remove, install stock, pass RTA and reinstall. Labor at shops here for that type of work is very cheap as Im sure you know.
Thanks WP. I'm mid-project on the swap of a 1HD-FT for a 1HZ and the reverse for two 80 series. Part of the reason I've been thinking of this is a curious animal recently on local auction:
1675231862609.png
1675231900727.png

1675231987673.png

This originally was a US truck, BTW. What a nightmare tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom