AC compressor rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to thoroughly go through my ac. I plan on replacing expansion valve, drier and ac compressor. I was thinking about a new compressor but am leaning toward rebuilding the compressor and installing a new clutch.
I have searched here for ac rebuild etc and can't find a good thread with part numbers, instructions etc. Maybe the search function doesn't work well on my phone.
I have a 94 . Was wondering if anyone has any links saved for this or could possibly steer me in the right direction.
Any help is appreciated.

I don't think you're going to find one because it's really not worth it.

You can get a brand-new Denso compressor for around $190.

Rock Auto, Amazon... plenty of them out there! Genuine Toyota is available too for a little more jack.

PICT0018.JPG PICT0020.JPG PICT0018.JPG rebuild it save you some dollars I just rebuild my 93 and converted to the R134a

I rebuilt (resealed) my compressor several months ago and it has been working fine. It is a simple job. Hardest part was getting the compress off and cleaning it prior to dis-assembly. I got my parts from CenturyAutoAir. Here is a "How To" video:

Edit: the complete kit is KT-10PA-SYS, now showing to be $28

Last edited:
Great links and help! I think I will call them and then figure on a path. If I rebuild I will also need a new clutch so I have to factor that in along with down time since this is my daily driver ( or currently daily sweat box ). No way I can rebuild as fast as that video, I'm thinking at least X 10 or more the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom