A night in the Green Swamp: Lotarp 100 busted front diff in Richloam Wildlife Management District (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound healthy at all.

You can pull the diff drain plug and look for metal.

I'm hoping it's just a spider gear and not a tooth missing but that video of you putting it in drive sounds rough. Do you think thats because you have the rear tires still on the ground?

Hey man, great story and sorry bout your trip. Hit me up next time your heading out. Have you check the clubhouse section for florida landcruiser association? There is a guy on there [dont recall name] with cruiser parts. worth a try.

As for tires i run kenda mt 33's. They are cheap, but have given me great traction. Took them to hard rock july 2nd with rain all day and no loss of traction. No weird issues so far.

https://www.amazon.com/Kenda-Klever...130&sr=8-1&keywords=kenda+klever+mt+285+75+16

Also, sound persists when in neutral w/ transmission and in neutral with transfer case, which makes me think again it's driveline related BELOW the TC/Tranny; just no idea why the grinding putting into gear.

So finally found out that it was the front diff. I'll be asking to see the parts when it's replaced. Found a donor diff locally out of an 02 for 600. Going to have the CV boots redone and repacked while they're out. Thanks for reading, commenting, and helping! I'll be more careful in the future!

Thanks for everyone's help. After much waiting, got the diff replaced with one from a 2002 and picked up today.

Here's what it looks like when you break a ring gear in many places:
Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 12.22.31 AM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom