Builds 97 on 40s Expo Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm interested in what you have in mind as a cabin heater. I camp in my 80 in the cold a lot, and I'd love to be warmer...

I'm interested in what you have in mind as a cabin heater. I camp in my 80 in the cold a lot, and I'd love to be warmer...

This is what @Trollhole is going to use. Looks like a good option.

View attachment 1598635

The D2 heater I’ll be installing. Below is my buddy Steve’s install. I’m not going to put mine in the kick panel but In the box I’m making that will fit where the spare tire goes.

That little heater will heat a semi cab or van just fine and does an awesome job heating an 80. Uses very little power and is quiet. You can see the thermostat on the C pillar. As well it uses about a liter of diesel in an 8 hr period. I’m gonna do some sort of remote start for it so in the winters I can warm up the truck without cranking the motor.

View attachment 1598634

I’m thinking I’m going to start with a mr buddy heater. See how I like that. Curious to see what happens, propane is wet heat, so hopefully water doesn’t condensate to bad.

I’m thinking I’m going to start with a mr buddy heater. See how I like that. Curious to see what happens, propane is wet heat, so hopefully water doesn’t condensate to bad.
Thats what i'd use in my RTT and I never got any significant condensation, but with glass windows I wouldn't be surprised if you noticed some.

I use the little buddy in my rtt and inside the truck during the winter months. I hook it up to a big propane bottle because im a sissy and like the heat all night. It does condensate pretty significantly. To the point that you don’t want to lay against the walls of the tent and the underside of the mattress is damp. But I’ve never gotten. Wet because of it and I just air everything out after I get home. Worth being warm and cozy imo.

I don't heat the whole cabin, just my bed using a 12v electric blanket. There are several you can order off Amazon. They have differing methods of on/off with timed cycles, some may be able to just stay on, not sure. It works great, typically turn it on before heading to bed so the bed is warmed up, anytime I get cold I just click the power button and it heats for 45 minutes. Typically 3 cycles keeps me warm all night.

Interior Build pictures! Hope to have it nearly finished for a Canyonlands trip in two weeks.

Began by ripping everything out. Wanted to start with a completely stripped interior. Before my platform was 22" wide. Ended up being to narrow for extended trips. This build I'm going for pure luxury. SO Bed platform is 27" x 74" x 8". Plan is to have the lid on hinges and assisted with gas struts. This way I have as much storage capacity as possible and contents are assessable from both the rear of the truck and passenger side rear door.

20171203_204439396_iOS (1).jpg
20171209_221401516_iOS (1).jpg
20171210_163900239_iOS (1).jpg
20171209_195002975_iOS (1).jpg
20171210_161240197_iOS (1).jpg

More progress:

I NEED PWR - so 1000w invertor going to be tied to 3 outlets mounted various places. Lots usbs/12v reciprocals. 220W of solar. Also On board battery charger for when I'm at 120v power sources. Oh and dual batteries coming soon also.

IMG_0352.JPG

Also got the 120v plug added so my batteries can stay topped off
IMG_0342.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom