95 runner back window help ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alberta mac

addicted but not cured
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I've got this new to me 95 4 runner and the tail gate window is suppose to go up and down. Thinking this is how you drop the tail gate by lowering the window ?
So now the window neither goes up or down and I'm unable to drop the tail gate.
I'm hoping someone or more can chime in and reply on how to fix this issue !!!

Does it not work from either the interior switch or by being activated by the key in tailgate lock? There's a relay module inside tailgate that frequently goes bad on these. Also, rear wiper needs to be properly returned to its "holster" for the window to work.

I'm going to look today. I'll return the wiper to the holster and try with key and the panel switch. Hopefully thats it ! Then I'll look at hot wiring the switch to find out if the relay is gone. Thanks

4 RUNNER.jpg

95 runner .jpg

I'm not familiar with the Gen2 4Rs, but on the Gen1 there are several "safety" switches that keep the window from moving. The wiper switch has been mentioned. Just make sure the wiper is parked. The second is on one of the tailgate door latches. If the door isn't shut completely the window won't work. On my 1985 there were times when I had to push on the door. After awhile, the switch wouldn't work at all and I had to disable it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom