95 LC vs. LX450 Sway Bar Differences. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a deal on a clean rear end from an lx450 with 128k on them.

BUT the sway bars appear to be different, so wondering if anyone could fill me in on exactly what the difference in sway bars were.

Any of you guys know if:

Is there maybe a way to fit the LC sway bar to the lx450 axle?
or
Are there maybe bolt on brackets I can add to make the lx450 sway bar attach to the cruiser?

All of the 1FZ rear bars that I have seen are the same, the links and frame mounts differ. Have swapped plenty, pretty good at mangle/bend/breaking them.

I got a deal on a clean rear end from an lx450 with 128k on them.

BUT the sway bars appear to be different, so wondering if anyone could fill me in on exactly what the difference in sway bars were.

Any of you guys know if:

Is there maybe a way to fit the LC sway bar to the lx450 axle?
or
Are there maybe bolt on brackets I can add to make the lx450 sway bar attach to the cruiser?

AFAIK, there are NO differences between either of those sway bars IF they are both OEM. We work on dozens of both LCs and LXs have never seen a difference onbthem, UNLESS one of them is aftermarket!!

There was a change in how the ends attach to the frame around '94 or '95 on the LC (LX didn't exist yet), but the bars themselves should be identical. I believe the end mounts can be interchanged, they are different but the bolt holes are available to mount either one on the frame.

ok that makes sense, im just a bit hung up on how they attach.

I tried to look at the one out in the salvage, but it was without wheels/axles and pretty much flat on the ground so couldn't see anything.

from what I can tell I just need to have them pull the brackets and mounts and I can bolt them on. that's a relief.

I bet they'll rape me to fork it and pull those tho.
Thanks for the help.

There was a change in how the ends attach to the frame around '94 or '95 on the LC (LX didn't exist yet), but the bars themselves should be identical. I believe the end mounts can be interchanged, they are different but the bolt holes are available to mount either one on the frame.

My frame is the older style with mounts bolted to the side. It has holes in the bottom where the newer style mounts would bolt, but there are no captive nuts installed there.

What is wrong with your mounts, use them?

uuuuuuummmmmm. good question, lol. for some reason I thought they attached to the axle differently. I see what's up now. thanks!

btw, why was the mounting location changed? any benefits one way or another?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom