For Sale 93 HZJ75 troopy lhd ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
White
Sold

I am getting ready to sell a 1993 HZJ75 Troopy , I bought this one last year and had to wait a while before I could import it. It is a base model with 1HZ and H55 and only 220 k km or about 130 k miles. It runs and drives great and I changed quite a bit to it from when I bought it. As most European spec cruisers this one also had fixed panels instead of glass on the side and no rear seats, I installed new glass and added some rear seats. I also installed a auxilary 145 liter stainless steel tank in the rear that is not plumbed yet so the new owner can decide wether to use this for fuel or water. As all 25 year old 7x’s it needed bodywork when I bought it and I replaced the rear wheelwels and installed new front fenders on it and painted it back oem white.

As far as I know this is the only lhd HZJ75 for sale in the US now, it is not a showtruck but a solid daily driver/weekend warrior/overlanding companion.

If I wasn’t already building me another troopy with a pop top I would keep this one around but 3 troopys is a bit to much so this one is ready for adoption.

I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere and would incourage anyone interested to come and take a look at it in person.

Last edited:
That’s right- Joe mentioned you found them and cut them out. I had forgot. Thanks for getting back in the question.

Sorry for highjacking the thread guys but BTUMAN, did you end up ordering that part and was it the one that's needed to get the side-facing seat-benches in? I take it it would be the same part for left and right? I can't seem to find a picture of the actual bracket and the microfiche aren't clear either

61958-90K01

Thanks

Photos in post #24 of this thread. Same bracket for L and R.

Mate, you're in Oz. I can think of at least three wreckers that would have that part within an hour of Noosa. Lol....:D

Seriously, if you have any questions about fitting the side-facing bench seats in a Troopy that wasn't originally equipped with them, PM me--I installed them in mine.

Photos in post #24 of this thread. Same bracket for L and R.

Mate, you're in Oz. I can think of at least three wreckers that would have that part within an hour of Noosa. Lol....:D

Seriously, if you have any questions about fitting the side-facing bench seats in a Troopy that wasn't originally equipped with them, PM me--I installed them in mine.

You'd think so hey. Problem is the piece is welded in and the wreckers in Brissi are not overly motivated to swing the drill ;) Will PM you anyway ...

Yes- I need help with it as the part is not available and you have to cut it off.

The PO used a wood block spacer with long bolts which is not a long term fix.

How did you do it? Pics?

Thread officially hijacked, I guess. :)

Anyway, as mentioned above, photos of the brackets, loose and installed, are in post #24.

As for how I did it, I had the good fortune to have been in Australia for 6 months last year, and had ample opportunity to study several Troopies to learn how the factory did it. I also had a Troopy at my disposal when I installed mine that had all the mounting points, but no seats. I realize not everyone will have those resources.

Lots of measuring and marking prior to any drilling. If you don't have another Troopy to measure, you can find the "hidden nut" under the floor for the frontmost mounting point. It's under the floor just behind the front seats. You'll need to climb under the car and determine which captured nut is the correct one. Again, lots of measuring. If you have a Troopy that did not originally come with the side facing bench seats, I believe this is the only mounting point that it will have from the factory, and you'll need to drill through the floor to access it. Careful not to mess up the threads (I drilled a small pilot hole from under the car, then drilled it to final size from inside).

After that, it should be fairly easy. Once you've found the one factory mount point, everything else keys off of that. I put masking tape at all the mount points, and marked everything with a Sharpie until I was satisfied I had it right.

Toyota used captured nuts on metal plates spot-welded behind the mounting points. If you remove your interior panels, and you have access to a welder, you could copy this approach. I just used nutserts (rivnuts). Not as solid as the factory approach, but still very, very secure. I'm never going to have eight guys back there with AK-47's, I just go camping sometimes.

Thanks mate, off to finding that bracket then I guess.

How did you go with the belt-mount points on the floor and side walls? I've seen the wholes in the side-wall are pre-drilled in the sheet-metal, just no welded nut behind it.

I didn't put belts in mine--never going to let anyone ride back there while I'm driving. I can't imagine it's very safe, certainly not at USA highway speeds. I use the benches as a place to get out of the weather when camping, and in a pinch, as sleeping cots.

That said, the nuts for mounting belts might be under the floor. I've never looked. You'd need to drill them out as described above if they're there.

I didn't put belts in mine--never going to let anyone ride back there while I'm driving. I can't imagine it's very safe, certainly not at USA highway speeds. I use the benches as a place to get out of the weather when camping, and in a pinch, as sleeping cots.

That said, the nuts for mounting belts might be under the floor. I've never looked. You'd need to drill them out as described above if they're there.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom