93 Factory Alarm Instructions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought this truck used and it has the factory alarm with the two remote controls. It has horn defeat and valet mode, but I'm not sure how to use either.
Quite frankly I love having the alarm LED indicator light flicking on and off as a deterrent but often I forget to disarm and the horn goes blaring into the night.
I even installed a kill switch to the horn. Is there a way to shut off the alarm so it doesn't automatically go on when I turn off the ignition and shut the door? I would only prefer the alarm when I'm parked in shady areas. Thanks...

After 2 years I'm finally getting used to the alarm on my 93. I hate it, I really do. I am getting used to it though. Sorry, no solution, just know your not the only one.

Is this what you are after? Or is it the arm/disarm horn honk that annoys you?

utf-8BSU1HMDExMTItMjAxMTA1MTMtMTc1OS5qcGc.jpg

thanks, that's what I'm after, the basic instructions....
Can I change the mode or do I have to take it to the dealer?

You can access all of the switches yourself under the Drivers Seat. Not the best alarm system but it can be better than having nothing at all.

Last edited:
True, the alarm isn't much good, but it did give me a discount on my insurance...

I bought this truck used and it has the factory alarm with the two remote controls. It has horn defeat and valet mode, but I'm not sure how to use either.
Quite frankly I love having the alarm LED indicator light flicking on and off as a deterrent but often I forget to disarm and the horn goes blaring into the night.
I even installed a kill switch to the horn. Is there a way to shut off the alarm so it doesn't automatically go on when I turn off the ignition and shut the door? I would only prefer the alarm when I'm parked in shady areas. Thanks...

valet mode means it will not arm itself automatically. to enable close all doors, put key to ON, hold toggle to the valet side till the light changes (i think it goes solid, couple seconds at most). then it will only arm the alarm when you lock the doors from the fob, or never (dont' remember). the light blinks with the doors closed, and comes on solid when you open a door in valet mode. shrug this is how i have mine set. you will also have to repeat it every time you disconnect your battery. the horn chirp when you lock or unlock is horn defeat move the toggle from center over to horn defeat.

i also have the two big button remote fob and factory TVSS system (my manual shews a different fob on the booklet but instructions work). there is more than one factory alarm through the years IIRC. only the upper button locks and unlocks the doors (toggles). lower button has no use for me. I DO NOT HAVE THE BOX UNDER DRIVER SEAT, it is up in the driver kickpanel... i have no problems with my alarm. as long as i have it in valet mode ;)

pics for my system below
110514IMG2446-M.jpg

110514IMG2447-L.jpg

110514IMG2448-L.jpg

110514IMG2449-L.jpg

GL, HTH

Last edited:
good to hear. honking IS annoying in the garage when you go out to grab your sunglasses... :hillbilly::doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom