Builds Nemesis - a deviant undertaking underway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

S,

Heater sub assembly!, Front steering parts, if the ASIN hubs can be used on a 77 FJ40 I'd want these too (have a NOS already for my FJ60)....you're not putting the new hubs and OME on your rig?

Let me know prices.

K

S,

Heater sub assembly!, Front steering parts, if the ASIN hubs can be used on a 77 FJ40 I'd want these too (have a NOS already for my FJ60)....you're not putting the new hubs and OME on your rig?

Let me know prices.

K

I think he is taking them off for the new 80 chassis...

J

I missed the part on going in on the 80 chassis. Gonna be a sweet rig....I won't be jealous, I won't be jealous. :)

I missed the part on going in on the 80 chassis. Gonna be a sweet rig....I won't be jealous, I won't be jealous. :)

J is correct (usually the case when dealing with the two of us, hehe). I've been toying around with the idea for a while and decided to swap frames vs chasing my tail. She'll be in another zip code for a while but in excellent hands - and the finished product will be a masterpiece. I'm so friggin excited. . .like acid reflux excited! Work is absolutely insane, home life even more insane, and I simply got tired of putting the 60 off. Either finish it or sell it. . .had to make a decision. Might live in a tent for a while - really prefer after August b/c the heat, my God, the heat will literally kill you. Renaming the property 'Hades', the river 'Still Hades', lol.

Shane, you chose wisely with Stan. He would be my first choice to build a cruiser like this from the ground up.

Sorry I missed the call today. Had my hands full painting the trailer earlier.

I'll be on the road tomorrow and I'll have time to chat.

J

Thanks, J. It's the attention to detail, the engineering to overcome a poor design, and the pride shown in his previous builds that made the decision for me. It was a tough decision but one that I'm both fully comfortable with and moreover, excited about. It'll be an interesting build and I'm looking forward to Stan's take on some of my out of the box ideas.

No worries on the call - booked solid tomorrow in clinic but I'll try to grab you either before or afterwards.

Say his to the Mrs and be good!

ps - going to plan a trip during the project. Maybe we could make it a guys weekend or something with you, Kevin, Onur, etc. First 5 rounds are on me. Bail, hospital bills, and any legal fees NOT =)

Shane

I'M GAME!

Once I get set up in Spokane I'll be busy for awhile, but that would be a good relaxing trip... HA!

J

Good, yes. Relaxing, maybe. . .you haven't been in close proximity to me yet. I'll make sure Mel packs my meds for the trip, lol!

I'M GAME!

Once I get set up in Spokane I'll be busy for awhile, but that would be a good relaxing trip... HA!

J

Hey, question: The MF'n SOB's CS'ing w/s that are NLA and un-MF"n-obtainable. . .when it comes time to replace the glass, is there a speciality shop that can make them from the old ones? Is there a way to make them? WTF - I can see discontinuing a lot of parts but w/s! Insert rage face here. . .

ps - going to plan a trip during the project. Maybe we could make it a guys weekend or something with you, Kevin, Onur, etc. First 5 rounds are on me. Bail, hospital bills, and any legal fees NOT =)

Shane[/QUOTE]

I'm in.

Shane

I'm in.[/QUOTE]

K,

You can roll to Spokane and we can leave from there. Should we drive or fly? :hmm:

J

2d1f3a1c52fe87e07f5fece9f465af6e.jpg

Well. . .holy shat. . .it's official: Transport pickup scheduled for this Friday and delivery the following day!

excited and nauseous, lol.

Let the CHAOS begin-

Shane

What are the deets on the new buildup? Or is it staying under the curtain?

What are the deets on the new buildup? Or is it staying under the curtain?

I wise prophet once stated, "Go big or go home", lol.

Phase 1: Frame/chassis swap. Metal Tech,Slee & RadFlo, TMJ, stainless brake line, rebuilt axles, etc.

Phase 2: body to frame, re-wiring front to back, 62 upper dash, 62 or custom lower dash, Emu Wing qtr Windows, prinsu design rack, etc

Phase 3: motor & tranny swap.

Fly to Stan's shop, party like its 1999, drive home.

Phase 4: Body, glass, seals, paint.

Phase 5: Insure at appraised value and then drive it like I stole it!

i don't even want to know the cost of this build...yes I do, no I don't.

Its going to be pretty sick though. 6.2 EROD? L465E or L485E tranny? Make sure you get a Lokar shifter too. :)

i don't even want to know the cost of this build...yes I do, no I don't.

Its going to be pretty sick though. 6.2 EROD? L465E or L485E tranny? Make sure you get a Lokar shifter too. :)

I like the Gennie shifters. Also get the matching e-brake and pedals... :grinpimp: WHOOPS.... there's the enabler in me again.

HA!

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom