86 4runner rear window issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cool ty will have to try that

I had a similar problem with the rear window on my 4R recently. I know you figured your issue out, but here is another one to look out for. I checked the wiper and still didn't work. I figured out that the lower tailgate wasn't completely closed (it had rattled loose a bit on a bumpy road) and wasn't pressing on the sensor on the body. I pushed hard on the driver's side and it latched and worked just fine after that.

more than likely your rear wiper is not in up position, has to be total up position or nothing will work, ie window down, so you can't open back.

Maybe this can help someone out..if you remove the top, and replace it, there is a switch that is engaged by putting one of the bolts back ( covered many times )..
However, make sure to use the right bolt (longer) as the shorter bolts will not reach the plunger and engage the switch. EASY FIX. Or just take driver rear inside panel off , unscrew the switch, push plunger by hand to test. Hope it helps anyone...

Maybe this can help someone out..if you remove the top, and replace it, there is a switch that is engaged by putting one of the bolts back ( covered many times )..
However, make sure to use the right bolt (longer) as the shorter bolts will not reach the plunger and engage the switch. EASY FIX. Or just take driver rear inside panel off , unscrew the switch, push plunger by hand to test. Hope it helps anyone...

Welcome to ‘Mud! :flipoff2: (That’s the official welcome emoji).

Do you have a link to where this was “covered many times”? I’d like to put my hard top back on, but my glass stopped working just before I installed my Softopper, and I want to get it working before I make the switch.

Welcome to ‘Mud! :flipoff2: (That’s the official welcome emoji).

Do you have a link to where this was “covered many times”? I’d like to put my hard top back on, but my glass stopped working just before I installed my Softopper, and I want to get it working before I make the switch.

It's located on the driver's side behind the panel. Here's a picture of it. Little black box to the right of the rollbar. It's the DS second bolt from the rear. The switch is there to make sure drivers didn't roll the window up with the hard top off.

rad4runner-albums-rear+window+control+mod-picture25617-20120819-013.jpg

Thanks dude! I’ll make sure I have a bolt in that hole for troubleshooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom