Builds Project Snowball ❄️ 85 FJ60 Cummins 4BT/ HX-30 SUPER/ NV4500/ SOA (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Time sure does fly by. Works been busy as well as any time off for family so it’s been slow as molasses on the cruiser... until today. Was able to get the innercooler painted and mounted in the location just behind the Toyota grill. Mounted the Chamipion Radiator in the stock location.

ACA9A448-C2CE-4BF1-A2EE-497BD706E588.jpeg

0262A319-A058-4726-9E76-12F4EDADDB79.jpeg

40EA388D-6F60-4699-87A2-0F336F01F1E9.jpeg

Once the Tcase is installed it will be time to start the SOA conversion. Dropped off the radiator tonight to my friend who welds aluminum for the top ports in the radiator to be swapped.

I used purple power degreaser to clean on half of tcase and crusader degreaser on the other half. Both cleaned about the same but I combined them together and was amazed at how well they worked. I know... I know... don’t mix chemicals but wow!

I used purple power degreaser to clean on half of tcase and crusader degreaser on the other half. Both cleaned about the same but I combined them together and was amazed at how well they worked. I know... I know... don’t mix chemicals but wow!

I thought you used the Coors in your second photo to clean the case.

Nice work.

Best part of buying the complete stepvan is rummaging through all the spare parts.... score. Many of the stepvan parts actually work on the cruiser. The innercooler was a great one. The innercooler piping will all work as well. The only modification will be the line from the innercooler into the motor. The 90 degree bend and rubber 90 hose clamp connectors will work great for the air flow line into turbo. Sand blasted and painted with Krylon metallic aluminum. Sandblasted and painted the radiator supply line into motor also.

D22BE44E-4E08-46A1-8EDB-672EA25C4F64.jpeg

25911C21-AC18-4D15-AEC7-D1084B752B72.jpeg

Getting closer to get @Rustic76 4plus bumper so it nice to start thinking of some toys to add. Found a warn 8K winch with 5% discount and free shipping. Anybody have any input?

6813873D-F724-4069-B1C8-87763B128B09.png

Bombs away... perhaps this bomb will work on Syrian Chemical Weapons Plant.

Not related to the cruiser but thought I’d share a picture of my creation for a job at work.

3DE1DB95-747D-49A0-925F-B328FF44F8F8.jpeg

Last edited:
So far I’ve been able to reuse everything from the stepvan for the innercooler setup. The 90 degree elbow from air filter to turbo. The turbo to intercooler pipe was an exact fit. The angles on all fittings matched to a T. The only modification was to add about 4 inches of straight pipe from the intercooler to air supply on motor. Coming together really well now with milder weather and sunshine. As the daylight increases it’ll give more time to work after work.

Last edited:
Been MIA for a while, but just checked in and saw this! Welcome to the paint shaker club! A 4BT is a different beast, but it's a lot of fun. I can haul my 6500 lb Land Cruiser's fat ass up anything at I get fuel economy in the low 20s on 37s and run it on biodiesel and vegetable oil to make myself feel better.

I don't have time to read the whole thread (I'll have to make time) but it looks like you're doing it right! Nice work! You'll be in good shape with the NV4500, although you might want to step up the tire size when you're done. I have an H55 (NV4500 is a better choice for a 4BT) and I have 3.73 gears, it finally was really right after I put it up on 37s, actually gained an MPG to two.

I have 4:11 and would like to ride on 35’s after going SOA. Getting closer to that part but still work in the engine bay and transfer case. After that it’ll be the fun part we all drool over.

I have 4:11 and would like to ride on 35’s after going SOA. Getting closer to that part but still work in the engine bay and transfer case. After that it’ll be the fun part we all drool over.
I think you'll find 35 and 4.11 will rev your engine too much at highway speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom