SOLD '82 US spec FJ40, new metal, in west TN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
tan
US spec '82 FJ40 with less than 113.5K miles with 2F, factory power steering, 4 speed, the stronger split transfer case, 3.70 gearing for highway driveability and fuel economy, Davis DUI distributor, and recent rebuild of the front knuckles. The truck runs beautifully. I have a clean and clear TN title.

$40k

I have a lot more pics for interested parties.

Here's the work that's been done:
new rear quarters, new rear wheel wells, new rear sill, new inside and outside rockers on both sides, new floor pans on both sides, new patches below kickout vents on both sides, replaced hood, replaced windshield frame, replaced passenger side fender, new running boards, new ambulance door skins, replaced license plate holder, reupholstered jump seats, new fender blinkers, new rear blinker covers, new side and rear emblems, new side mirrors, new mounting hardware for the windshield, all doors, hood, mirrors, new headliner, new floor mats, new stereo and speakers, new full size matching spare and rim, new weatherstripping for all the doors and windshield, new rollbar pads, new Bilstein shocks, new steering stabilizer …. I’m probably missing some stuff too. All the body parts came from: Real Steel Cruiser Parts - https://www.realsteelcruiserparts.net/

IMG_2629.JPG

IMG_2628.JPG

IMG_2627.JPG

IMG_2649.JPG

IMG_2648.JPG

Last edited:
It looks like the bib has been replaced or patched with a low quality aftermarket piece. It is definitely not a Real Steel bib patch. There are no indentations around the lower vents. My Real Steel bib patch has them. From the Real Steel site:

79_frt_bib_top_2048x2048.jpg

Dave,

You are correct. The OEM bib had some rust on the bottom, but wasn't in terrible shape, so I cut out the rust and welded in new metal that was formed from a local metal shop.

Cheers,

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom