SOLD 1983 US Spec FJ40 Survivor, Factory Power Steering, Aftermarket AC - Pristine Condition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Color
Blue
We have recently decided to relocate, and I must liquidate several collector vehicles from my personal collection. I am torn between keeping this outstanding US Spec 1983 FJ40 and an equally as nice 1973.5 Porsche 911T. I have decided to put both up for sale and will let the market decide.

This vehicle was purchased by the previous owner from TLC in Van Nuys, CA in August of 2004. The vehicle had just undergone the TLC Phase 1 Restoration process which included fully rebuilding the steering system with all new OEM arms and ends, overhauled front axle with all new wheel and knuckle bearings, rebuilt burfields, as well as all front axle seals and gaskets. New TLC performance slotted rotors and TLC Monster calipers and stainless plumbing for a great brake system upgrade. New brake master cylinder, factory major tune up with cap/rotor/plugs/wire set, air/fuel filters, new water pump, thermostat, reconditioned radiator, all new hoses and clamps. New fan clutch, all new fan belts, charcoal canister elbow hose, rebuilt factory manifolds, new heat riser plates, rebuilt carburetor and TLC stainless steel EGR J-tube upgrade. All fresh fluids, new oil pan and gasket, side cover and valve cover gaskets, fresh output shaft and speedometer seals on the transfer case, new clutch master and slave cylinders, wiper blades, accelerator pump, air injection rail and more. In addition, TLC installed a complete Old Man Emu suspension system, aftermarket air conditioning system, new exhaust, and a new WARN X8000i winch. As stated within the TLC documentation that accompanies the vehicle, the vehicle was certified with 74,123 miles.

The previous owner used the vehicle sparingly and it now shows 76,786 miles, approximately 400 under my ownership. The vehicle was stored in a climate-controlled facility, driven monthly, and serviced annually at the local Toyota dealership to ensure that the vehicle was always remained in top working order. Absolutely everything works as it should (lights, buzzers, horn, heater, air conditioning, original factory AM/FM radio with glove box speaker, etc.). The interior is all original and in immaculate condition - front and rear jump seats, dash pad, headliner, factory front and rear floor mats, etc. Per TLC, the exterior was resprayed once in the correct shade of Nordic Blue. The paintwork is exceptional and I can find no signs of overspray anywhere. There is no rust anywhere on this FJ40 other than very minimal surface rust. The original jack, jack rods, tool kit, and service light are present as well as the original 1983 Owner's Manual and Owner's Guide. The vehicle needs nothing, is freshly serviced, and could be driven cross-country if that was your desire.

Asking Price is $92,500.

83FJ401.jpg

83fj4010.jpg

83fj4012.jpg

83fj4025.jpg

83fj4034.jpg

Dennisnj, Great looking truck. Perfect example of one of the most rare American Land Cruisers. Out of curiosity, where can we see a listing for the Porsche?

Last edited:
Recommend you go the BAT route at your price point

Denning, Great looking truck. Perfect example of one of the most rare American Land Cruisers. Out of curiosity, where can we see a listing for the Porsche?
Thank you. It truly is an amazing example of the rarest and most desirable FJ40. As far as the 911T, I will be listing this on Pelican in the next several weeks. If you are interested, shoot me a PM and I will be happy to provide details.

Recommend you go the BAT route at your price point
I decided to list this first on IH8MUD and the 911T on Pelican to allow the true enthusiasts the opportunity prior to offering to the broader market on BAT. Listing on BAT will require me to decide which to sell, I would prefer to let the market decide. When one sells, I will pull the listing for the other and keep it. As far as the asking price, I consider this a very reasonable starting point for an example of this caliber. However I will listen to reasonable offers.

Beautiful, I find the extra deep bumperettes unusual.
I believe these to be the stock original rear bumperettes and it is the camera angle making them appear unusually large. One of the FJ40 experts here can correct me if I am wrong. Here's another shot from a different angle.

83fj4028.jpg

What a beauty!

Someone inquired about the underside. I will get the FJ40 out this week after the rain subsides and get undercarriage photos. The underside is as clean and well sorted as is the rest of the vehicle. No surprises here, the vehicle is all around exceptional.

I decided to list this first on IH8MUD and the 911T on Pelican to allow the true enthusiasts the opportunity prior to offering to the broader market on BAT. Listing on BAT will require me to decide which to sell, I would prefer to let the market decide. When one sells, I will pull the listing for the other and keep it. As far as the asking price, I consider this a very reasonable starting point for an example of this caliber. However I will listen to reasonable offers.
It is a nice truck. Go to BaT. and don't waste your time here. I may be wrong, but no one has been sold
FJ40 for your asking price range here... for the last 5 years. Many trying... but finally, go to BaT.

As initially stated, given a pending move/downsizing, either the FJ40 or 73.5 911T must go. I have now decided to keep the 911T. If anyone on here has interest, please PM me. I am willing to consider all reasonable offers on this exceptional example of the most desirable of all FJ40's - the extremely rare and most refined US Spec 1983 FJ40. The FJ40 will be headed to BAT after the holidays.

I was asked if the fenders were cut for the fender flares. The fenders are NOT cut. The flares are screwed to the inner fender lip using small stainless screws. The paint under the flares is as nice as the rest of the truck. I personally like the look of the flares and therefore left them. They can be very easily removed along with the small screw holes (in the inner fender lip) if so desired. I have a Nordic Blue touch up pen to touch up the small screw holes.

Great looking 40. Love that color. GLWS. I’m curious at what price point this will sell.

I’ve received two offers, one that was very close to that which I consider acceptable. This is an outstanding example of an extremely rare FJ40 which is priced to sell. If I don’t find a buyer here I may just keep it. I absolutely love this truck and I know I am going to regret selling this as I will never find another like it. If I ended up putting it on BAT I am confident I would get my number. Perhaps that’s why I am dragging my feet on the BAT route. Yes, I have had preliminary discussions with BAT and there were not objections to my reserve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom