SOLD 1983 US Spec FJ40 Survivor, Factory Power Steering, Aftermarket AC - Pristine Condition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Color
Blue
We have recently decided to relocate, and I must liquidate several collector vehicles from my personal collection. I am torn between keeping this outstanding US Spec 1983 FJ40 and an equally as nice 1973.5 Porsche 911T. I have decided to put both up for sale and will let the market decide.

This vehicle was purchased by the previous owner from TLC in Van Nuys, CA in August of 2004. The vehicle had just undergone the TLC Phase 1 Restoration process which included fully rebuilding the steering system with all new OEM arms and ends, overhauled front axle with all new wheel and knuckle bearings, rebuilt burfields, as well as all front axle seals and gaskets. New TLC performance slotted rotors and TLC Monster calipers and stainless plumbing for a great brake system upgrade. New brake master cylinder, factory major tune up with cap/rotor/plugs/wire set, air/fuel filters, new water pump, thermostat, reconditioned radiator, all new hoses and clamps. New fan clutch, all new fan belts, charcoal canister elbow hose, rebuilt factory manifolds, new heat riser plates, rebuilt carburetor and TLC stainless steel EGR J-tube upgrade. All fresh fluids, new oil pan and gasket, side cover and valve cover gaskets, fresh output shaft and speedometer seals on the transfer case, new clutch master and slave cylinders, wiper blades, accelerator pump, air injection rail and more. In addition, TLC installed a complete Old Man Emu suspension system, aftermarket air conditioning system, new exhaust, and a new WARN X8000i winch. As stated within the TLC documentation that accompanies the vehicle, the vehicle was certified with 74,123 miles.

The previous owner used the vehicle sparingly and it now shows 76,786 miles, approximately 400 under my ownership. The vehicle was stored in a climate-controlled facility, driven monthly, and serviced annually at the local Toyota dealership to ensure that the vehicle was always remained in top working order. Absolutely everything works as it should (lights, buzzers, horn, heater, air conditioning, original factory AM/FM radio with glove box speaker, etc.). The interior is all original and in immaculate condition - front and rear jump seats, dash pad, headliner, factory front and rear floor mats, etc. Per TLC, the exterior was resprayed once in the correct shade of Nordic Blue. The paintwork is exceptional and I can find no signs of overspray anywhere. There is no rust anywhere on this FJ40 other than very minimal surface rust. The original jack, jack rods, tool kit, and service light are present as well as the original 1983 Owner's Manual and Owner's Guide. The vehicle needs nothing, is freshly serviced, and could be driven cross-country if that was your desire.

Asking Price is $92,500.

83FJ401.jpg

83fj4010.jpg

83fj4012.jpg

83fj4025.jpg

83fj4034.jpg

The market has slowed for sure, I have us 1980 original paint, its a project, but all original. Right now is not a good time to sell. Will probably wait til the new year to sell? Your rig is in the upper end, where money is no object to buy? So there should be some deep pocket buyers out there? Keep the 911!!! ( 30 year porsche tech) they seem to be the best investment for the last few years!!( glad I held onto my 88 930 turbo!!!

Ive herd people should hang on the carb vehicles as well leave that alone but makes sence.The electric car is crazy especially in ab Canada it gets cold -50 F at times you get about a mile with electric as well metal breaks so very easy too.Like butter went really cold
Beauty truck bud!!!what the miles

I just sold the truck in my name blurb ,on Hemmings. I got a decent price but nowhere near what it would have been during the best times.

The FJ40 will go live on BAT in the next several weeks unless an acceptable offer is received prior. If interested, PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom