80 vs 60 steering box for Ram assist ALSO why am I burning up pumps like crazy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What Ram are you planning on going with?

Was probably just going to do basic bitch PSC 1.5” or 1.75” but now am going to see how his new pump/reservoir setup, with proper bleeding, does first.

I didn't read the whole thread but TC pumps and Swepco 715 are desert race proven for me.

Ok so after fighting with some hose
fittings for a few days I got everything plumbed. Just need to fill it up and bleed it.

These pictures suck but the feed hose into the pump is only about 8” long now and pretty much a straight shot down.

EDE24195-42A1-403D-BF68-EFCD1496AA6D.jpeg

2022E5B7-DF37-4A45-907D-430E40477BFD.jpeg

Ok got it filled up and bleed last night, as per AGR's video I was very thorough bleeding it with the engine off, and when started engine only saw a few tiny bubbles and no fluid level drop. Steering feels fine, not great, just like a stock Land cruiser pretty much. So either these CBR pumps aren't that great or I have a bad box, i don't know. I guess I'm just going to have to throw a ram assist on it to get what I want

update, just put in six full days on the trail in the row and didn't seem to have any pump issues! So it seems like the reservoir relocation fixed that issue which is awesome.

While I'm still not completely satisfied with the steering assist on the street, it didn't seem to really diminish very much at all on the trail in 4wd with the front locker on, , it wasn't a hangup or cause any problems but i just want a little bit more. , so i think a small ram-assist is in order when I step up to 37's. Overall a Win though.

Good to hear that it sounds like you got it fixed up. I came across a recommendation for the shop below when doing research for my full hydro setup. From what I was told, this is who a lot of competition buggy guys are going to for steering. The website is a little funky on the phone but on the computer you can read about their steering pumps which seem to differ from the norm.

I know next to nothing about the subject but figured I’d put it out there just in case.

BTW, how was the new park?

@cruisermatt what about overall engine bay temps?

I mean I’m over 100k miles in on my swap and 50k in on 35’s

The only major difference in our swaps are fans. 🤷‍♂️

@cruisermatt what about overall engine bay temps?

I mean I’m over 100k miles in on my swap and 50k in on 35’s

The only major difference in our swaps are fans. 🤷‍♂️

what pump are you running? Remote reservoir? do you have hyrdoboost brakes? What fan do you have? I have a Ford Contour dual electric fan, you'rs is a 14 or 16" single right?

BTW, how was the new park?

currently Coalmont is just a clearing and framing for a bathhouse, the Cove was awesome though. Great harder wagon trails. Hopefully Coalmont is mostly harder big tire stuff so there can be a nice variety of trails for everyone.

what pump are you running? Remote reservoir? do you have hyrdoboost brakes? What fan do you have? I have a Ford Contour dual electric fan, you'rs is a 14 or 16" single right?
Stock gm pump, no remote reservoir, no hydro, stock 60 gear box

mishimoto 10” fans X2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom