Builds 80 series where to start! Again.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Marc doing a little more work tonight but I think he is going to have to find a new route for cylinder 2, because of the thermostat neck. I keep telling him it's ok if it isn't exactly equal length and equal radius to make it easier but he insists.

image.jpeg

Yeah we are looking at options, I made my suggestions and will just see what he comes up with. Lol

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Could also make a new thermostat neck no?

Is equal length measuring along the centerline of the tubes? I suppose it must be

That's correct. And in his opinion equal length isn't good enough so Marc actually calls them equal length and equal radius. Since if you had one runner that was perfectly straight and one that had 8 bends in it the exhaust pulse would take longer or slow down more in the runner with the bends. So what he does is make sure every runner has the same number and length of bends. Even if he has to cut a full bend up to make it work he uses the rest of that bend somewhere in the runner.

Is equal length measuring along the centerline of the tubes? I suppose it must be

This is an interesting photo that turned up on Facebook. Evidently it's a 1FZ with a 2,000hp gtx55, that is going into a Toyota 86?? I have no idea how they are going to make it fit but will be interesting.

image.jpeg

That will be an absolute handful. it's amazing what they can stuff in that engine bay though, i've seen pictures of ford coyote 5.0's in gt86's along with the more standard 2jz and ls swaps. the 1fz is probably the longest engine attempted.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have seen today :cool:

Yeah Jesus is right! I haven't been able to watch the video except on my phone so I probably haven't caught everything yet, but....

- 18 fuel injectors
- 2000hp GTX55
- pyrometer on every cylinder
- dry sump oil system
- 60mm wastegate

It's all very ridiculous! Lol. Makes my little build seem awfully silly, like I should just give it up. Lol

Holy mother of god!! JESUS!

Yeah Jesus is right! I haven't been able to watch the video except on my phone so I probably haven't caught everything yet, but....

It's all very ridiculous! Lol. Makes my little build seem awfully silly, like I should just give it up. Lol

Um, No.

Yeah I would imagine when they are actually ready to run the motor it will be pretty wild. Geo's supra is only running an 85mm turbo, that 1FZ is running a 94mm turbo. I didn't see any nitrous, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were using some.

I messaged them on Friday. lol.

I was expecting something like this.

Or this.

Geo's INSANE 1600WHP Supra - Real Street Built

Haha yeah they did chop it up a little, but really a lot less than I would have expected! That step in the firewall only looks to be 2-3". And most of the sheet metal looks stock! Not sure if you watch drag week but it's a hell of a lot more FT-86 than say Bailey's car is early Camaro and bailey drives his car around drag week saying its a street car. Lol

image.jpeg

"ft-86" looks to be a very loose term in that car. Lol amazing looking though.

Last edited:
Encase anyone is still watching this fiasco.

It looks like I might be the first to try the power window to manual window conversion. I tried really hard to get @Delancy to do it first but he has too many other projects going on. lol.

The manual window regulators are available from @Akella and I will be buying all 4.

I just talked to @beno tonight and the window lift channel and filler on the glass should be the same for manual and electric windows.

The shop is kind of backing away from the polycarbonate window idea but Beno also told me that the solid rear cargo windows are available so I might just go that way since I already have the solid window weather stripping and vent.

I also ended up having Beno send me the Land Cruiser coils over the LX450 coils as I heard they are about a 10% increase in spring rate, and I will be cutting 1 or 2 coils out to lower and further increase the stock spring rate. I guess I will be contacting @sleeoffroad to see if Christo can do their awesome shocks in lengths shorter than stock. ha.

And I think once all of this stuff arrives the LX will be ready to be stripped down and sent over to the body shop! :worms:

The new sway bars have been on order since July and the date just keeps getting pushed back, Whiteline is now saying 10/9/2015 as the ship date.

Marc got pulled off of my project to get this one done by Wednesday so I am sure that will run long and my manifold will get pushed. Just another day in the project car life. No wonder these damn things take so long!!

test2.jpg
test1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom