Registry 80 Series Registry (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi guys, I'm new here! I decided to register after coming back from the Bakersfield swap meet earlier today.

1. Year and model
94 Land Cruiser

2. Name of owner
Eric

3. Name of rig
Land Crusher

4. Mileage
5. Mods...if any
Bone stock
6. How the truck is used
I finally just hit my first trail and got hooked. Half parts hauler and half off road vehicle.

7. Photo
1979650_10151934996066555_2104139365_n.jpg

1. 1994 FzFe
2. Me
4. 213K Miles
5. Stock front and rear locks, 285's. front Bumper, Iron Man lift kit heavy duty. 3/4 Alu roof rack.
6. DD & Expedition
IMG_1570.jpg
IMG_1639.jpg

Hi I am new to the site and been checking it out for a while so I decided to join. Last month I bought me one, yup a TLC I have to fly down to Santa Maria in California to pick it up and drive her home. Plan on adding ARB bumpers with winch, lockers, Shocks and springs 850 + N73 front and 864 + N74E rear well see how that goes, Rear Auxiliary tank, roof rack and up grading the front end components and that will be good to start with and also I would like to replace the two rear split windows because being from Alaska, were the windows come together I think will be a good place for the cold to come in and ice build up.

I do not know any good mechanics in Fairbanks so on the way by I am planing to take it to East Olympia Cruisers outside Tacoma and have them check the engine and I mean everything. Well lets see if I can get a picture up and thanks a lot for the site it is a great source of information.
Toyota.jpg

1997 FZJ 80
Kevin
Roshell
CDL Switch, Pin 7 Mod
Driving around fishing and hunting and going places were people only dreamed of

Last edited:
Hello Cory from Nebraska here. Just picked up a 96 Cruiser, no mods yet just doing some maintenance and getting the fenders fixed. I would take any advice on what to do for a daily driver setup with a little weekend warrior mods for the future. Thanks for all the good threads I have been reading!

cruiser pic 2.jpg

1993 FJ80
Lexus V8 1uz-fe, 240000 miles
A341E tranny with inchworm gear adapter
Mini truck t-case with marlin Crawler chromoly Comp 4.7 gears
Stock axles front and rear, except for Ruff stuff housings
Stock coil spring set up still with radius arms
Rear was converted to air shocks still running stock links
Stock frame with 3 feet bobbed of the rear and 8 inchs off the front
4.88 gears, welded rear and TJM Air locker up front
17 inch pro comp steelies with custom rock rings
Custom cut General tires stickies
Airlutions induction system
PRP seats and Harnesses
10 gallon Fuel cell
rear driveline disconnect and twin sticks
Tom woods Driveshafts
1.5 inch spider trax wheel spacers
ADS piggy back 2.125 14 inch travel air shocks and 4 inch travel 2.5 inch Hydro bumps in the rear
ADS 12 inch travel 2.5 inch remote res smooth bodies and 3 inch travel 2.5 inch hydro bumps up front
All Mid
-night 4x4 brakets and QA1 hiems

So i built this and ran it for a Lucas oil regional series with bone stock axles, stock links and housings front and rear as well as stock 4. 10 gears and just a welded rear. It performed great but bent the front housing bad and ended up blowing up the front gears at my last race of the season. I have replaced the front housing and have a ruff stuff housing for the rear. This was given too me with no motor no trans interior or doors and we made a comp racer and crawler out of it.

10298434_749948501706324_884037636642649080_o.jpg

My 1994 80 with 163K. No mods, totally stock. Will probably just level the front and put new tires on and call it good. Can't see taking a perfectly good LC and wasting money on trying to make something a perfect off-road vehicle that is already perfect (IMHOP).
photo-7.JPG

Hi I am new to the site and been checking it out for a while so I decided to join. Last month I bought me one, yup a TLC I have to fly down to Santa Maria in California to pick it up and drive her home. Plan on adding ARB bumpers with winch, lockers, Shocks and springs 850 + N73 front and 864 + N74E rear well see how that goes, Rear Auxiliary tank, roof rack and up grading the front end components and that will be good to start with and also I would like to replace the two rear split windows because being from Alaska, were the windows come together I think will be a good place for the cold to come in and ice build up.

I do not know any good mechanics in Fairbanks so on the way by I am planing to take it to East Olympia Cruisers outside Tacoma and have them check the engine and I mean everything. Well lets see if I can get a picture up and thanks a lot for the site it is a great source of information.View attachment 890834

1997 FZJ 80
Kevin
Have not named her yet
none yet

Nice find
I was looking at that one also , but the not original paint scared me, check to see if it has not been in an accident ? and check the frame as well

On this MUD site 91 - 97 Land Cruiser color chart and photos it is Nightshadow Pearl. Have I read the chart wrong?

Well, just to double check I called Toyota of Fairbanks and gave them the VIN # and was told the color code is 8K0 and it is Night Shadow Pearl. And the car fax report states no accidents and I will also take your advice and check the frame for my self. The color tripped me out at first also.

1. Gold 1994 FZJ80
2. Matt Noland
3. Old Big Bear (my daughters name all cars and this is the moniker they gave her...I find it pretty fitting)
4. 147,000 (139,000 when I bought her about a year ago)
5. - Current Modifications -
TJM 3" lift (castor correction applied)
TJM XGS Gold edition suspension
35" BFG AT
TJM Bullbar up front
MAXIS Dual Swing out in the back with full size spare
custom-prep'd driveshafts fore and aft to get rid of the awful grinding noise that accompanied the lift at speed (by M.I.T. in Santee, CA)

Spray-in bed liner interior deck
two tone vinyl upholstery (black bolsters with tan insets)
Pioneer touchscreen GPS head unit
custom vinyl cone speakers front and back
Kicker powered subwoofer hidden in the interior quarter panel

Hella Rallye 1000 (X2) in the bull bar with an OTRTTW "Zombie Lights" switch
Light Force Cannon (X1) in the bull bar with an OTRTTW "Apocalypse Lights" switch
Euro-style HID "Halo" headlight set in black replaced the stock head lights

- Future Modifications -
Adding a 10k Lb winch
Aluminess of El Cajon, CA is currently building me a custom expedition-style roof rack
CVT 3+ person tent on top
snorkel

6. Weekend wheeling with friends and two daughters (and occasionally my recalcitrant wife will come along), cross-contienent move from CA to Rhode Island this summer, during which we will steer clear of all interstates, and seek out some off-road trails. Plan to keep her for the future and as kids are less and less interested, turn her into a two person long-haul overlander. Having lots of fun!View attachment 885708

I think I can finally post some photos.

sideways.jpg
Snow!.jpg
Arrowhead.jpg
sideways.jpg Snow!.jpg Arrowhead.jpg
bullbar.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

1997 Lexus LX450
160,000 miles
Stock, except for 33 inch Duratracs, a new radio and the CDL mod.
Used for winter and trips along with anytime I don't feel like being squished in my BMW Coupe.
Name is "Minnie", since I got it in Minnesota.

I do not know any good mechanics in Fairbanks so on the way by I am planing to take it to East Olympia Cruisers outside Tacoma and have them check the engine and I mean everything. Well lets see if I can get a picture up and thanks a lot for the site it is a great source of information.View attachment 890834

I know Alaska is colder than here, but I have been in -10 degrees or so, and have never had any problem getting the cabin toasty hot. Replacing those back windows is probably a waste of money.

1997 FZJ 80
Kevin
Have not named her yet
none yet

How much would it cost me to put those lights on my truck? Any negatives about them?

The lights on the lower part are Hella "Black Magics". My wife got them for me for Christmas. I think they are about $200 for the pair. The individual light is a "Lightforce" Cannon. I paid $400 for a pair and have not figured out what to do with the second one. So....$600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom