Registry 80 Series Registry (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

96 Land Cruiser

1996 Land Cruiser, Factory lockers
Colin
Not yet Named
PO put on hideous wheels and remote start. Otherwise bone stock.
Daily driver, weekend warrior, camping

This is my third Toyota. I started with a '95 Pickup 3.0L 5spd Manual. I drove it to over 220K, and would have never gotten rid of it if it were not for the tree I hit. I didn't have the funds to fix it at the time, so I sold it to a fellow Toyota lover. the next vehicle that I owned was a 2012 Tacoma, TRD Off Road, access cab 6spd manual. Loved that truck as well, however not the payments, and never used it as it was intended to be. I sold that December 2013 and just picked up this 2 owner (2nd owned it from 6,000 Miles), garage kept, fully maintained 96 Land Cruiser with factory lockers. It had the typical dysfunctional rear locker due to lack of exercise. Everything else was flawless and bone stock, purchased from a retired man that recently purchased a brand new LX 570 for his wife. I couldn't be happier with the FJ 80.

I can't say thank you enough to all the contributions and great information that has been provided by the Mud members. This forum has already saved me many hours of troubleshooting and countless dollars (although I expect the mods will more than off set that).

Thanks again in advance.

Colin

photo 2.jpg

First time 80 owner!

1. 1993 FZJ80 w/ factory eLockers

2. Tyler and Kate (Dallas, Oregon)

3. Her name: undecided. My two year old calls it the "Foozer" or "Boozer", it might just stick.

4. Mi: 253k

5. Mods: OME, CDL button and High with low beam relay, 33" BFG MT - I think that is it?!

6. Usage: One month, New to me, Weekend Warrior, future camping and back road discovery with my family of 4 (2yr and 4.5yr and the better half)

Other: First impression - Awesome. My wife had the pleasure of running the first obstacle on a trial [Tillamook, Or] CDL, then rear lock and finally brought in the front lock and went right over/through it. Brakes are light on a downhill in low, parking brake is near non-existent; hoping it just needs attention/pads/shoes. This adds the third to our Toyota family, Highlander, Tacoma and now a long awaited FZJ80. Very pleased with the purchase!

0mx4.jpg

Very clean truck. Looks like mine when I got it ..altho mine still looks good to me at least!

Sent from my SM-N9005

Finally took a couple pics of my 1996 FZJ80, 125k, no lockers. So far its running well had Firestone take a look and will baseline soon.

Have seat rails and disco cup holder to install.

Next I will prob pick up stock FJC 17" steelies and 33s, looking at BFG A/T

Very happy with it!

1996 FZJ80, mostly stock, no lockers

uploadfromtaptalk1389641072324.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1389641099068.jpg

First post on mud after countless years of lurking!

1997 LX450
My name is Tate
Name of rig: Elsie ( like "L" and "C". Such creative:rolleyes:)
118,000 Miles from just a single owner
Mods: OME, ARB bumper, Rugged Ridge HIDs, 285/75 Falken Rocky Mountain (Wildpeak), auto window mod, temp gauge mod, blue fan clutch mod
This is my camping, expedition, adventure, gear hauler. And a DD when I simply feel like driving it ;)

I'm not new to Toyotas, and have owned a 87 mini truck, 96 4runner, and 84 60 series prior to this. The Toyota bug truly never goes away once you've been bit. I've always lusted after an 80 since I knew what they were. However, actually owning one always seemed a bit impractical, since most I could find always had 200k miles or more. Not to mention the cost of ownership with gas mileage similar to that of an open burning oil fire. However one day I was walking to get some food from a friends house, when I happened upon this truck sitting on the street with a for sale sign in the window. I decided to act on a whim and give the number a call, and the rest is history. Now that I finally own an 80, I can honestly say I do not care about the gas mileage, the age, the auto trans anything! It's just such an amazing vehicle, and I couldn't be happier. Just such a special occasion promoted me to make my first post in mud!

ResizedImage_1389677487894.jpg

Cruiser Virgin = No More

1994 FZJ80
John Crispy
Gonna call her 'Betty White' because she is still living and working hard
Bone Stock
DD, hunting and fly fishing

Nice to meet you all!

20140115_151103.jpg

My Hdj80 next to my Volvo TGB22 6x6

3" stainless exhaust from turbo.
5" lift from ironman
ironman snorkel
Homebuilt front bumper with superwinch winch.
Brand new 315/75-16 cooper stt on original rims.

Still thinking of what to do with the volvo, found a isuzu 3.1td to put in so might do that and just have it for some fun trips near to home :hmm:

bild-12.jpg

So what your saying is.. Your 80 has already been to mars and that is why no life has been found.... Or it used to have a street named after but they had to change it because anyone who crossed it didn't live!

1997 LX450 locked 3x, 1969 M101A1.

I'm Nate in Idaho.

It's name is New Gari. I sold Old Gari to get New Gari. The trailers name is Winston. This is my second 80 series and third Landcruiser. It used to belong to a friend and Moody before that.

194,xxx

Mods: ARB front, 4x4 Labs rear with gas can holder and tire swing out, Slee step sliders, Luna Dual battery setup, Cobra CB, IPF lights, OME 418/864 springs with spacers, Slee caster plates, extended brake lines and breathers, drop sways, custom rear shelf that bolts to third row brackets with 2 water jug spots, recovered drivers seat, Alpine head unit with 4 Infinity speakers, snorkel w/ Donaldson pre filter, PHH upgrade, new OEM radiator, blue clutch. What has been done since I bought it in the last few weeks...rewired dual system to take out fuses, OEM hand throttle, OEM cup holder, wired prodigy brake controller, center diff button and 7 pin, Gem State mud flaps, Cooper STT 315s, (might switch up to BFG at's soon), new exhaust resonator to tuck up under the rear bumper, rewiired CB, new Sears Diehards, Thule Rack and Garvin rack depending on the mood, Warn M9000, pull pal, full recovery kit, Scangauge II, new pintle and 7 pin.

Trailer mods: pulled 24v system and rewired, new lights, new tongue tool box, stripped a lot of the landing gear, new 4 ton axle with electric brakes and hole pattern to match the 80, 80 rims with BFG at's, additional spare that can be hauled underneath with an OEM spare tire winch, new cable safety chains, Cascadia RTT. Took the high lift mount and Jerry can racks that I previously installed off so it's easier to move by hand. It was a very interesting setup to do the axle swap in front of my house.

Future mods: considering in cab winch controls using the antennae buttons, a concealed carry slot where the six disc changer was, looking at a chainsaw mount underneath the Jerry can rack (I don't like petro in the cab), fire extinguisher mount under drivers dash, and I'm sure little stuff I'm forgetting.

Uses...what wouldn't I use it for. I guess going head to head in a fuel conservation competition with a Prius.

image.jpg

1997 FJZ80 40th Anni Edit Locked

Alex

cruisezilla (Big, Green, Japanese, and she can't be stopped)

181 k

- JVC in dash everything (GPS, BT, DVD, Rear Camera)
- Dual Battery setup
- Low profile Stingray extended roof rack with 4 Cree 18-inch
LED light bars. Lights are rigged to swing out for camping.
Removable for daily drive.
- Rear hitch setup for 2 spare tires, 2 water cans, 2 gas cans,
and hi lift jack. Removable for daily drive.

Camping/Offroading/Cruisin 'round LA

Bought from and all work done by 2kcruiser/2kracing. More to come.

Thanks to TemeculaTim for getting me involved here..

sorry, but she deserves two photos ************

1489581_10100329542227078_361928650_o.jpg

1496314_10100329542441648_1783247009_o.jpg

Just picked up this 93 last night. Bought it from the original owner who had all the service records, garage kept and zero rust. Super clean ride. 139k miles. Now to get a bumper and lift. I think a trip to Slee is in my plans for this weekend.

91F026A3-05D3-4B1A-B716-38914A83DAA4.jpg

80DC6721-F4DD-4A03-A625-E6BBEAF8C210.jpg

1996 Lexus LX450 Locked front & rear purchased Dec 30, 2013 from a fellow MUD'er
Owned by Jack (my son)
Working name is Lexi
172,xxx miles
Mods (taken from stock to this by previous owner): TJM front bumper w/ 10k Smittybilt Winch and synthetic line, Slee in-cab winch remote switch, TJM 2" Lift w/ Tiger adjustable shocks, Bump It Off Road rear bumper w/ dual swingout, Bump It step sliders, CDL switch, 7 pin mod, LED interior lights and reverse lights, 33" Goodyear Duratracs, factory cup holder above stereo. Since then, iPod capable stereo installed.
Daily Driver, Weekend Off Road truck

First pic is a few minutes after picking her up in Colorado Springs (then promptly drove to Breckenridge to do some skiing). 2nd pic is us helping out a stranded motorist outside of Breckenridge, on our way back home to Frisco, TX. Last pic is at home with the rest of the crew (1986 FJ60 and 2007 FJ Cruiser). Sorry for cell phone quality shots!

-Greg

1991 LC I bought on bad advice from my brother in law. I knew nothing about LC's and paid too much for it. However it has grown on me and now I love it.

My goal is to build a bug out/E&E vehicle and overland expedition style rig. Everything has been bought used other than the snorkel.

Miles 189k

3" OME heavy lift
Custom made front bumper
FJ rims w/285/70r17 hankook MTs
ARB snorkel
Warfield DIY rear drawer kit (halfway built)
CB radio
Yodateq rear antenna mounts
Cheap custom built roof rack modified with defender tire mount/hi lift/axe shovel mounts
Hella lights

Future mods
New 305/70r16 tires
Sean rear swing out bumper
Jerry can mounts for the roof rack
Monsta liner on lower sections
New paint

"Bad advice" - I disagree, now you have a cruiser. How much you paid is relative.

1. 1993 Land Cruiser
2. JD in Denver, CO
3. Tortuga
4. 215k miles
5. None.... yet
6. After PM work, it will be my DD and family adventure vehicle. Can't get enough of Moab and the San Juans, but they are so damn far away...

Been a lurker her for a couple of years and have lusted after an 80 for over 5 years. I'm excited to finally have my very own factory Locked FJZ80!

Future mods will be 285/75r16's, a 2" lift, front/rear bumpers, sliders, roof rack, CB radio, a winch and an LS1 v8!!

IMG_4160.jpg

IMG_4161.jpg

1992 fj80
mike in fort collins, co
"Hilary Clinton"
arb bumper, roofrack, cb radio, 33" wranglers, flowthrough exhaust, has an upgraded radiator I don't know much about it, my buddy is an aircraft mechanic and said whoever had it put in knew what they were doing and it keeps me cool for sure, 2.5 lift,
need to get some new speakers and, if i ever move back to maine and don't need to pass emissions hopefully do a diesel engine swap.

090.jpg

Hi Folks, here's my intro post with the new rig. My new FJ80, a California truck babied over the past 22 years, in astonishing condition...I'm the 4th owner, after a couple collector types took great of it in recent years.

I've been a longtime cruiser fan, but never had the opportunity to own one, and had targeted an 80 series for my first LC. My goal was to find a truck that was as close to stock as possible, in mint condition with less than 100k on the clock and thorough maintenance records. In short, I wanted a truck I could make my own and not have to work around someone else's mods. I wasn't deterred by going the FJ80 route despite people's complaints about the lack of power, in the end it was the best example I could find that met my criteria, less power or not. I definitely paid well over typical market prices to find a low mileage gem, at 10,000USD even. Local Toyota guys were blown away by the condition when I stopped by for an emissions inspection... which definitely made me feel a bit better about the price. My wife still thinks I'm nuts though...

1. 1992 FJ80
2. Supernaut
3. TBD
4. Just turned over 90,000.
5. Bone stock....except for the steel wheels and BFG AT's I just put on after buying the truck
6. I'll be shooting out to remote trails in western VA and WV to find singletrack, xc ski trails and trout streams. Within the next couple years, I'll like to embark on a major overland style trip....that's the ultimate goal.

Two mediocre photos I have handy:

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

1992 Land Cruiser

1. 1992 FJ 80
2. Mike in Central Nebraska
3. Oakley-long story
4. 233,000
5. Absolutely stock
6. Daily driver

I am now the second owner of this vehicle. I bought her out of the Pacific Northwest where they must not use salt on the roads, she's straight and absolutely no rust. The previous owner took pretty darned good care of her as I plan to do. Just happy to have her.

Oakley.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom