Registry 80 Series Registry (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

can am mover

Just bought 91 80 series, 196... miles, body interior in great condition. thought motor just needed major tune up. just did compression test and front two cylinders have like 20lbs. So trying to figure what route to go next with that. already have 4" iron man and 35" x20" wheels. main use will be for cruising and pulling atv..

Your next step would be doug's head gasket DVD, do you see any coolant in the oil vise versa?

Woooo Hoooo! Back in the saddle again!

I had a 93 for about 10 years. I sold it in 08. A few weeks after selling, I wished I had it back. But now the good news. I picked this 94 up on Wednesday!

HOT DIGGITY DANG.

It feels good to be back behind the wheel of an 80. 202,000 miles, I just removed the running boards. Runs great.
_DSC6114_zps1840f03f.jpg

Last edited:
Went out to test the lockers!!!!! Wow they help! Although the rear just blinks...:but the front and center work!
The rear for mine just blinks too, although it does work. I expect it is just the sensor for it and haven't bothered testing/fixing it yet.

The rear for mine just blinks too, although it does work. I expect it is just the sensor for it and haven't bothered testing/fixing it yet.

Check the wiring at the actuator first, go simple

hi guys, I'm new here. my name is Cory or "Bibszo". just picked up a 96' with 211,000 miles. I'm the third owner, so far its gonna be my daily and occasional trips to the woods to go shoot long range. it's completely stock now, stereo will be first since I have stuff laying around and it's what I used to do for a living. :).

image.jpg

I had a 93 for about 10 years. I sold it in 08. A few weeks after selling, I wished I had it back. But now the good news. I picked this 94 up on Wednesday!

HOT DIGGITY DANG.

It feels good to be back behind the wheel of an 80. 202,000 miles, I just removed the running boards. Runs great.

Nice! For some reason I think I may have seen this one when I was looking. Not sure though.

Running board removal mod ... good choice. Think I might do that this weekend actually. Thanks for inspiring me! lol

Diff light indicator part # advanceauto JA449 Napa NS6421
I can't take credit, had the same problem and found in another thread, just search using these part numbers and you'll find the thread.

Lets see, To start I bought from and 60yr old man, it was his wife's truck. Perfect condition minus usually wear & tear, shaky mirrors, leaking floor due to clogged sunroof, Oxygen sensors went out a month after purchase, lol ****....2 hrs after purchase went to car wash and the land cruiser emblem on back door fell off in pieces & ripped off antenna- totally forgot . Antenna a 50$ fix and car wash bought the emblem, 140$....****. Oh & they had no kids and originally bought it at 38k miles, repainted. Not a single crack in the leather. Taken care of very well, doesn't burn a drop of oil, I was blessed! :)...

1. 1995 Fzj80
2. Everyone just call me Gavi...
3. GROVER
4. 150050mi, purchased at 148,300- Never home to drive it :-(
5.Mods- Thus far, Single din Jvc radio, Cobra 29LX Cb radio, polk audio waterproof speakers all around. All uninstalled but going to try to put both in dash but the cb a bit long so gonna be a custom job for me if possible. 2007 4runner special edition rims with BfGoodrich A/T Tires 235/80/17(awaiting to arrive, special order)- Going to paint rim matte black with gloss bronze coating around rim or vice versa. Snorkel- uninstalled- I'M NEVER OFF :-/, new headlight & taillight assembly, the usual after buying used truck-Spark plugs, Air filter, 15w-40 oil and hd oil filter, flushed engine, 1.50" Wheel spacers, 3 extra cig lighter sockets.
Future mods- 3" OME hd leveling lift kit hopefully after Christmas, front and rear bumpers custom made though, something a bit lighter, simple, & clean but strong- want to have the tire mount overlapping ladder, more efficient. Transfer case maintenance & upgraded brakes. Skid plates & a roof rack with tent, Double battery, LED offroad lights, winch, New weather stripping & sound proofing the FZJ80 etc. Laptop mount, built in power inverter, rear drawer system like a Weatherguard pack rat & rear cig lighters and power inverter, differential locker in high......
& someday a 1HD-T, 4.2L 6cyl turbo Diesel, gonna be a long while for that though
6. My getaway truck... drive till I run out of cell signal and set up camp.

BTW if anybody is interested I have many extra parts, original wheels & tires(michelin with 40% tread, the entire front headlight assemblies and back lights also. Driver and passangar. and a few more stuff

Land cruiser 1 ver2.jpg

Land cruiser 2.jpg

Land Cruiser 3.jpg

Land Cruiser 4.jpg

Land Cruiser 5.jpg

1991 LC I bought on bad advice from my brother in law. I knew nothing about LC's and paid too much for it. However it has grown on me and now I love it.

My goal is to build a bug out/E&E vehicle and overland expedition style rig. Everything has been bought used other than the snorkel.

Miles 189k

3" OME heavy lift
Custom made front bumper
FJ rims w/285/70r17 hankook MTs
ARB snorkel
Warfield DIY rear drawer kit (halfway built)
CB radio
Yodateq rear antenna mounts
Cheap custom built roof rack modified with defender tire mount/hi lift/axe shovel mounts
Hella lights

Future mods
New 305/70r16 tires
Sean rear swing out bumper
Jerry can mounts for the roof rack
Monsta liner on lower sections
New paint

image-3936286389.jpg

image-2537866739.jpg

Nice Bumper - are you able to get a winch in there?

Thanks. Yeah it actually was designed for one and has the cut outs covered by the front plate. I really don't know what kind of winch fits in there though. I have to find an expert to identify it.

Year 1992 and model FZJ80

2. Name of owner YO
3. Name of rig isaac
4. Mileage 85000 miles
5. Mods...2uz v8 engine, electric radiator fan .2 1/2 inches borla muffler ,17 inches rims 3 bosch 7 inch foglights hid 3500k .part time
2 1/2 inch old man emu lift. home made tire carrier :p retrofit factory elockers
6. How the truck is used ,not in use for months :crybaby: different country I live U.S.A car in CR

536983_323245224457473_1542094163_n.jpg

734861_329235530525109_1199260433_n.jpg

735233_327032344078761_1351475408_n.jpg

fotos ipad 334.jpg

fotos ipad 097.jpg

Thanks. Yeah it actually was designed for one and has the cut outs covered by the front plate. I really don't know what kind of winch fits in there though. I have to find an expert to identify it.
Well, if you are planning on doing any wheeling then you will probably want a 12k, but if not and just doing some light offroading then you can probably get by with an 8 or 9k. Looks like you would be able to fit one in there but might have to mod it a bit. They also make the winch baskets that you attach to a front hitch mount. Might be somethign to consider if there is not enough room, but I think you'll get by. Keep us posted!

:cheers:

2. Name of owner YO
3. Name of rig isaac
4. Mileage 85000 miles
5. Mods...2uz v8 engine, electric radiator fan .2 1/2 inches borla muffler ,17 inches rims 3 bosch 7 inch foglights hid 3500k .part time
2 1/2 inch old man emu lift. home made tire carrier :p retrofit factory elockers
6. How the truck is used ,not in use for months :crybaby: different country I live U.S.A car in CR

I would be happy to go to CR twice a year and exercise your 100 at no charge!

Any photos of the motor swap? I'd like to see the 2UZ in there :)

2. Name of owner YO
3. Name of rig isaac
4. Mileage 85000 miles

My first 80

Test drove a LC a few months back off a lot. It had to many glitches and the dealer wanted $6,000 for a 97 with 275,000 on the clock.
So I did a crazy thing and bought one off Ebay 2,500 miles from my location. Made an offer and the dealer excepted it and shipped it out. I know I over paid but the deal is done $9,800 delivered.
Has 95,500 miles, no leaks, very clean body, interior is clean leather is pretty good, drives great, and the oil looks good.
Did not include a spare tire, the trim around the sunroof is busted in the front and corners, antenna makes noise but doesn't move.
Took it to a local Toyota only mechanic he put in a new battery and the hold down (that was missing too), put in plugs, changed the anti freeze, and said the wheel bearings are loose and birfs needed rebuilt.
I have been slowly doing the birfs myself they were not in bad shape no juice, bearings looked fine just loose wheel bearings on one side. Rebuilt them anyway.
Got Jonseys kit with slotted rotors but noticed the soft brake lines are in bad shape. Have purchased soft brake lines from the dealer and rebuilt calipers from Napa for the front, just have to put them on now. I am a 1 :banana: mechanic but no problems yet.

1. 96 LX450
2. Me...Mark
3. Trucks name...Luther
4. 95,500 verified by carfax history
5. Mods... In Process
6. Using it for Light wheeling and camping
7.Pics

lex1.jpg

lex2.jpg

lex41.JPG

1. 1991 FJ80
2. Ian
3. Bruiser, cheesy I know but it stuck from day 1
4. 231,000
5. 97 Vortec v8, 4L60e, split case, f/w hubs, FZJ80 locked axles
6. DD and everything else

1424415_3674172230848_1328082180_n.jpg

553224_3759183356073_203258842_n.jpg

I have always liked the 80s. A buddy of mine bought one new way back in 1994 and I have liked them since. My first 4wd was a 87 FJ60 way back in 1991, I was only 17yrs old when I bought that truck. Then no Cruisers for me for almost 20yrs. I had a 04 Tacoma and almost got an 80 when I got rid of it in 2011 but instead got an FJ60. I loved that truck but after only a year of owning it had to sell it. At the time I shied away from 80s cause I am not a fan of the stock engine and wanted less electricals, again at the time. A buddy had gotten an 80 about the same time and I was out of a truck so I went on a bunch of trips with him in his 80. That is when they really started growing on me. Fast forward a few years and the right deal and right truck came along. Now I am rocking the 80 and really liking it a lot. I also have an FJ60/62 project but am liking this v8 80 so much I may never get rid of it! Hey, nothing wrong with owning more than one Cruiser!

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom