Registry 80 Series Registry (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

no, back doors are welded on a body

Wow, what a beast. :lol: the middle picture with the gocart looking tires pulling the wagon is funny. How about some wheeling pics :)

Holy s***! That 80 is amazing!

Is it just me or does that little 70 have tracks instead of wheels? :O

New tank owner.

1. 1994 80 Series, every option.
2. James Brunt
3. Truckasaurus! (my old roomates used to yell this everytime I pulled up in my old 78 bronco, and it has continued to be the name of all my 4x4 projects)
4. 193,XXX
5. Just bought this weekend. So far just de-flared and de-skirted. Came with 285's on it as well.
6. Its going to be my DD and weekend fun truck. Plan on keeping it super basic. Upgrade as needed.
7. When I picked it up. sunday:
IMG_3369.jpg

Today after removing flares and roof gutter trim (useless rust trapper) Thrashed the front passenger flare the second day I had it doing some impromptu urban wheeling, so I just ditched all of them. Still need to remove rivets and mounts on rear doors. Will be filling the holes with liquid metal, and eventually painting the entire truck. Either The new tacoma black, or tacoma gunmetal. Still debating. Rims will be going gloss black soon as well.
IMG_3370.jpg

This is my wifes FJ80. I have had through out the years over 10 cruisers from wheelers, to restored rigs, (mostly FJ40s) so when my wife said a while back she thought she wanted a FJ80 to hual the dog around and take back and forth to the cabin I did not hesitate. We have had it for a while and she is now driving it daily... Very cool in my book!!!

1. 1996 FJ80
2. Joshua Bertschy
3. Amanda's Rig
4. 200plus
5. mods
• Knuckle rebuild
• Head rebuild
• ARB Roof Rack
• Slee Brake lines
• Land Tank Caster plates
• OME lift 850J up front with 10mm Spacer and 863 in the rear
• Polyurethane blue Pesky heater hose
• Super white LED lights inside
6. Now that my wife fell in love with it, its her daily driver. Its tried and trued driving as far as Florida and South Texas. Because the river is in the back yard it sees light duty off-road, camping and when I can I take it bird and deer hunting!

Future plans are front ARB bumper, Ill build the rear bumper, Lockered Axles i already have and next month all new leather...

Enjoy, JOSH
DSC_1020.jpg

make sure you put that pic in the 80s and dogs thread

1. 1991 FJ80 3FE
2. Mark
3. Polar Bear
4. 160,000
5. stock
6. daily driver/mild wheelin

DSCN0640.jpg

SSPX0030.jpg

SSPX0145.jpg

1. 93 FZJ80
2. Ben
3. Rock limo
4. 232,000
5. Stock except cross drilled front rotors, Future mods 850J/60070L and 863/60020, 315/75/r16 pro comp xterrians, Snorkle, metal tech front bumper, and 4x4 labs rear winch bumper.
6. DD, family hauler, weekend warrior, camping/fishing.
camping3 052-3.jpg
flex shot.jpg

Howdy!

1. 1997 FZJ80

2. John Bricker

3. TourBus

4. 92500 when I bought it 4/21/10

5. See sigline for majority of goodies. P O is not a Mudder, but he is in Rising Sun. Long story short, I had a very short window of opportunity to do my shopping for an 80. My want list was: Low Miles, Clean w NO RUST! I kinda found this one by mistake. It sort of gave me chills. It just happened to be loaded to the teeth, and it is pretty close to what I would of ended up building anyway. Wife asked how much to build up a stocker to this level, and how long would I take to do it. When I told her, she said; "Buy It!!" She would rather wheel that watch me wrench. I flew out to get it and drove it back 1100 miles. Couple of weeks later I drove it 4600 mils to Illinois and back, half with a trailer. It runs just as sweet as it looks. Everything works great. I've only wheeled it 3 times so far, but it performs as advertised. I'm considering selling one or both of my other rigs so I can concentrate on this one.
P425001421.jpg
P425001321.jpg

Last edited:
Howdy! OOps! Fixed it. My computer skills are not up to par with my wrenching skills. John

WOW! Amazing! great buy! best color IMHO! What a clean engine compartment! I'm kinda jealous! ;p

Howdy!

1. 1997 FZJ80

2. John Bricker

3. TourBus

4. 92500 when I bought it 4/21/10

5. See sigline for majority of goodies. P O is not a Mudder, but he is in Rising Sun. Long story short, I had a very short window of opportunity to do my shopping for an 80. My want list was: Low Miles, Clean w NO RUST! I kinda found this one by mistake. It sort of gave me chills. It just happened to be loaded to the teeth, and it is pretty close to what I would of ended up building anyway. Wife asked how much to build up a stocker to this level, and how long would I take to do it. When I told her, she said; "Buy It!!" She would rather wheel that watch me wrench. I flew out to get it and drove it back 1100 miles. Couple of weeks later I drove it 4600 mils to Illinois and back, half with a trailer. It runs just as sweet as it looks. Everything works great. I've only wheeled it 3 times so far, but it performs as advertised. I'm considering selling one or both of my other rigs so I can concentrate on this one.

So how many of us left? I realized its very hard to spot 80 lately on the road and even less of them for sale.:) Is it really so few of us with those trucks left ?

So how many of us left? I realized its very hard to spot 80 lately on the road and even less of them for sale.:) Is it really so few of us with those trucks left ?

I've noticed quite a few stockers running around my area and I do know they show up in droves at the TLCA and wheeling events I've attended :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom