Registry 80 Series Registry (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1997 1zfe
2. Bill
3. Betty
4. 349,000 mules
5. 2.5 lift, Headlights nothing cool yet, still dumping cash into neglected enginebay
6. Home depot runner/Dog joy rider (for now)

Bought Betty from my neighbor who was moving out of state. Betty was her given name by the PO and is know throughout the neighborhood by that name. single owner, road trip family vehicle purchased from Steven Creek in SJ. Still in the process of base lining her. HG was replaced at dealer around 260,000. she will eventually get sliders, roof rack, ARB front bar and rear tire swing (out of some sort).
betty2.jpg

betty1.jpg

Just bought this 95
269 k miles
In great condition in and out considering the miles. Engine has lots of maintenance done such as head gasket, new radiator axles refurbished w/new bearings, All fluids recently replaced PHH, ome lift, Ironman bumper and winch
My 1st 80 and really like driving it
6D766847-D98C-4D2F-B44B-68B9DA3CDF29.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats on the sweet LX! Stats?
Thank you. Very new to the 80 world so let me just copy the ad.
  • TRD Supercharger
  • 4.88 gears front and rear
  • 3x locked
  • 4” Slee/hybrid Lift Kit. Using OME Shocks, OEM Driveshaft
  • 315/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac (5) with lots of miles left
  • ARB front bumper w/Warn 9000 winch and synthetic line
  • Hannah Quality Sliders w/ catalytic converter protection
  • 4x4 Labs rear dual swing out bumper. Dual Hi-Lift mounts, Single removable gas can holder.
  • ARB Roof Rack. RTT version. I prefer this version as it also makes it really easy to transport home 4x8 sheets of plywood
  • Rear Compartment ARB drawers. Left side with hideout top shelf
  • Home made rear window grids to allow me to keep my windows open for the dogs
  • Raingler Cargo Divider
  • Fabricated divider to keep left and right sides in back separated. I did this to keep our dog on one side and cargo on the other. Now I have two dogs so it keeps them separate. The current plexiglas divider is cracked. I will be buying a perforated metal one to replace it.
  • Dual battery setup with Slee waterbottles relocation kit and Iron Man dual battery manager (not currently working. Not sure why.)
  • Upgraded speakers with front separate tweeters.
  • Rear 8” sub located behind right rear panel
  • 7-pin and trailer brake included
  • Snorkel

Last edited:
Afternoon everyone! I’ve used MUD for a while now, but never made an account for whatever reason. I’m happy to be a part of the team now and look forward to learning more from you all.

I’ve had my 80 for almost a year now. She’s getting ready to roll over 200k mile mark here in the next month or so. I’m currently living in Brandywine, Maryland.

DFC74711-A275-4807-95F5-5094599E1259.jpeg

1) 1996 HZJ80R (1HZ diesel 80 series barn doors)
2) Raymond Jones
3) Depends on how im feeling, but soot machine is usually the main one, used to be sooty but friend told me a youtuber uses that name.
4) About 364k km dont look often, but she's still a baby
5) Not all just what I can remember, HID spotlight on roof, LED light bar on bullbar, arb bullbar/brushbars/steps (and apparently sliders), redarc bcdc50 with 200ah lithium battery, 1 sca drawer/fridge slide/chopping board, 1 home made wooden drawer which hides the lithium battery, 12000lbs winch, apparently 2 inch lift (previous owner), sadly part time converted, rooftop tent for when I head out along with a weaco 95 fridge/freezer, ocam roof rack, now factory rear bumper because some a hole stole my spare wheel carrier and the 2 spares on it along with the spare underneath, safari snorkel.

6) Because of the c word, mostly to go doctors and generally go shops once things settle down i want to head back out camping and the likes

7) First picture is with my mums Y62 beast of a patrol, hate to admit it but its just slightly more powerful than my dirty old 1hz cruiser.
IMG_20201228_170816_HDR.jpg
20220202_210713.jpg

Been reading and learning from this forum for awhile, figured I should join to contribute and participate. Picked this up a few months ago. It was somewhat neglected so it is sort of a father son fixer for the son to drive at age 16. Needed a lot of cleanup and maintenance, I'll briefly list after the 'requested' info.

1. 95 FZJ80, not 3locked
2. Barry and son Benjamin
3. no name
4. 240k
5. Mods: mainly cleanup, see below
6. Use: 16 yr old back and forth to school, and hopefully to a job this summer!
7. Photo - below.

We gutted the interior and are replacing the carpet and leather. Removed the dash and recovered dash pad with marine vinyl. Put in led's in dash. New window actuator, replaced a couple window and door seals and repaired one door panel. Replaced plastic gears in both power front seats. Installed single DIN stereo and 6 speakers, new master cylinder, new mirrors, change all fluids. Have FJ Cruiser Trail 17" wheels and plan to put 33's on it. Lots of exterior buffing, polishing, waxing, and trim paint. I'm retaining all the OEM pieces I've replaced (stereo, speakers, wheels, mirrors, etc). Looking for a 'TOYOTA' grill if anyone has one!

It's a no rust truck with good paint, and has been a fun project for son and I. Hope he will have one of the coolest vehicles in his school parking lot, with some skin in the game on fixing it up and being able to work on it. Almost finished. Pic is day it arrived. Thanks to all for the help I've received along the way.

IMG_20211217_143020244_HDR.jpg

Been reading and learning from this forum for awhile, figured I should join to contribute and participate. Picked this up a few months ago. It was somewhat neglected so it is sort of a father son fixer for the son to drive at age 16. Needed a lot of cleanup and maintenance, I'll briefly list after the 'requested' info.

1. 95 FZJ80, not 3locked
2. Barry and son Benjamin
3. no name
4. 240k
5. Mods: mainly cleanup, see below
6. Use: 16 yr old back and forth to school, and hopefully to a job this summer!
7. Photo - below.

We gutted the interior and are replacing the carpet and leather. Removed the dash and recovered dash pad with marine vinyl. Put in led's in dash. New window actuator, replaced a couple window and door seals and repaired one door panel. Replaced plastic gears in both power front seats. Installed single DIN stereo and 6 speakers, new master cylinder, new mirrors, change all fluids. Have FJ Cruiser Trail 17" wheels and plan to put 33's on it. Lots of exterior buffing, polishing, waxing, and trim paint. I'm retaining all the OEM pieces I've replaced (stereo, speakers, wheels, mirrors, etc). Looking for a 'TOYOTA' grill if anyone has one!

It's a no rust truck with good paint, and has been a fun project for son and I. Hope he will have one of the coolest vehicles in his school parking lot, with some skin in the game on fixing it up and being able to work on it. Almost finished. Pic is day it arrived. Thanks to all for the help I've received along the way.

View attachment 2967942

If you haven't done so already, remove that grill guard and taillight protectors. They will cause more damage if hit. Ironic that the names are opposite of what will happen. Otherwise a nice vehicle that will be the envy of his buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom