80 Series Power Steering Pump Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got a 92 FJ80 that I'm trying to replace the power steering pump on, but ran into a little hiccup due to the pulley blocking the main bolt to remove the pump. Of course, the pulley is seized and I can't get a puller in there, trying tapping it with a hammer and prying it with a flat head but it doesn't seem to budge at all. For reference, the 92 power steering pump is on the top left side of the engine bay. Also, the bracket that holds that bolt supports the AC Compressor as well, already looked at just removing the whole thing. Watch a ton of videos and read all the threads but no one seems to run into this issue. Any recommendations are appreciated.

IMG_5700.jpg

Got a 92 FJ80 that I'm trying to replace the power steering pump on, but ran into a little hiccup due to the pulley blocking the main bolt to remove the pump. Of course, the pulley is seized and I can't get a puller in there, trying tapping it with a hammer and prying it with a flat head but it doesn't seem to budge at all. For reference, the 92 power steering pump is on the top left side of the engine bay. Also, the bracket that holds that bolt supports the AC Compressor as well, already looked at just removing the whole thing. Watch a ton of videos and read all the threads but no one seems to run into this issue. Any recommendations are appreciated.

View attachment 3179258
So the bolt is loose, you just can't get it out because of the pulley? Might sound a bit extreme, but what about getting some boltcutters in there and cut the damn thing, get it out bit by bit? I assume it's still available new for a few $$. Might be easier than messing around if this one bolt really is all that's stopping you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom