80 Series GIS Skid now available - HuddExpo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When’s the next batch of fully welded versions gonna be back in stick?

When’s the next batch of fully welded versions gonna be back in stick?

Working on some options right now and a larger order for Colorado peeps. I'll post back in the next couple days with the details.

Good evening everyone,

Another batch is going into production later this week. I do however have a special opportunity for the Colorado peeps nearish to Colorado Springs. I plan to bring a pallet in to save on shipping. We will split up the savings on shipping so the more to commit, the more will be saved. If you live somewhere near (like within 75mi) of Colorado Springs, PM me and we can work it out. I already have a handful committed, but would like to get a few more so the savings are even greater. Non Colorado peoples orders will be treated normally.

Thanks,

David

Last edited:
DIY kits are done and shipping soon.

Colorado peeps nearish to Colorado Springs. I am still bringing in a pallet to save on shipping. We will split up the savings on shipping so the more to commit, the more will be saved. If you live somewhere near (like within 75mi) of Colorado Springs, PM me and we can work it out. I already have a handful committed, but would like to get a few more so the savings are even greater.

I have to get final numbers on the CO pallet done by the end of the day on Sunday so if you want in let me know.

Welded/anodized versions will be getting done soon and shipping in 2-3 weeks.

@LC4LIFE I can't figure out how to save attachments in DM mode, so posting this here. Very rough measurements for a 1990 HDJ 81 cross member. Still in the market if you still have em and this looks close. I'll be down your way next week if it makes sense for me to bring it by.

left mount to right edge
left-mount-to-right-edge.jpg

outside frame distance between
outside-frame-distance.jpg

inside frame distance between
inside-frame-distance.jpg

rear inside distance between
rear-inner-distance-between.jpg

front inside distance between
front-inner-distance-between.jpg

A few more...

Front outside distance between
View attachment 2162131

rear outside distance between
View attachment 2162132

right mount to right edge
View attachment 2162139
I’ll review tonight. What transfer case do you have? I’ve got a version for 91-92 3fe without the viscous couple that is shorter and has a different drain plug location I’m guessing yours is more like that version. I haven’t had the ability to test one locally to verify rear frame support brackets.

Oh and all versions are back in stock ready to ship.

@LC4LIFE I can't figure out how to save attachments in DM mode, so posting this here. Very rough measurements for a 1990 HDJ 81 cross member. Still in the market if you still have em and this looks close. I'll be down your way next week if it makes sense for me to bring it by.

left mount to right edge

We could meet up for sure, and at least get our rigs next to each other and measure that way too. Lets see whet @cjmoon thinks and we can go from there.

I believe they are the same but depends on the outer dimension. The 3fe version with non VC of the newer 80’s is what your after I believe. I can send one out with both frame mount options. If they don’t work I’ll develop what you need so I have the info.

Unfortunately the inventory for this product is in Kansas City.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

These are center of the slots front and rear which seem to match what you have.

Last photo is the non viscous coupler version vs viscous with extra length.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks like its going to work real nice on on HDJ81. Just used a couple of finger tight bolts and there's no engine, but I saw nothing that would give me concerns. Looking forward to trying it out on some rocks someday!

View attachment 2187483

View attachment 2187484

View attachment 2187486

Very nice to see. Did you try both frame mounts? That’s the “non standard” that I’ve used with some folks with custom exhaust or 93-95 OBD1.
The main skid is designed for the 3fe 91-92 non Viscous couple trucks. They are not advertised currently, but I’m looking for more feed back. I have 2 more DIY available for design proofs. I’m pretty confident it should be a good fit now. With pieces I have on hand.

thank you @dan1554

Handful of black zinc ready along with some DIY versions ready to ship. Plans are to do a video and more detailed pics as soon as this damn snow stops.

Pallet o skids.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom