Builds 80 coils on a 60 series? Yes we've done that a handful of times now (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The FZJ80 and early Tundra brakes are virtually the same, 80 has 4mm smaller diameter but 4mm thiccer rotor, calipers are 45 vs 45.4mm bore respectively.

75% of the improvement comes from the front kit, but the rear adds better brakes and air bags

forgot to ask....recommended rear leaf set to pair with front of only installing front set? Wondering about lift height to match up...though I imagine front coils can be swapped as needed

We spent an inordinate amount of time designing this kit, and making it right. It appears that we did a really good job, because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

That is exactly why I don't share a lot of what I have learned. There is more than one way to do anything though.

Cheers

Another one coming together. We are starting to run out of 80 series axles! I'm definitely happy that we stopped the 80 frame conversions, we would have run out of frames a long time ago. Also the grey market thing bothers me, needing a title to the frame and a title to the truck at the same time?

Anyways, I will report on this after we get the 6.2 liter engine put in here ;)

IMG_8542.JPG

IMG_8543.JPG

Another one coming together. We are starting to run out of 80 series axles! I'm definitely happy that we stopped the 80 frame conversions, we would have run out of frames a long time ago. Also the grey market thing bothers me, needing a title to the frame and a title to the truck at the same time?

Anyways, I will report on this after we get the 6.2 liter engine put in here ;)

View attachment 2367288

View attachment 2367289
Tor, any updates here? Would love to see more of this story. Those Mojave washboard roads are rough when sitting on a leaf sprung 60 front end. My old seats didn’t help either.

FYI, on a drive to Panama and back once, I put at least a half dozen tire plugs in the air bags.

They were crappy airlifts with plastic caps top and bottom. Under full flex the caps would break and leave very sharp edges, those edges put holes in the bags the next time the suspension flexed. The tire plugs held no probs.

So you can trail fix air bags. 😁

Cheers

We have installed half a dozen of these and everyone seems to be happy. I actually jumped my truck in White Foot Arizona, it was pretty exciting. Honestly just doing the front with our kit and leaving the leafs in the rear is a great option as well, but either way? It can all be done, and however you want it to be done.

We actually had kits manufactured and are ready to ship

Would I be able to run 35’s with the stock configuration or would I need longer shocks and springs?

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I’m curious about the rear radius arm mount on the frame in relation to a late-FJ60 crossmember. Specifically, I have your brackets welded on my FJ62, and it looks like the crossmember brackets + radius arm would be fighting for the same space.

Any pictures of stock-ish powertrains with the 80 suspension?

You're right, the radius arm bracket lives where the late FJ60 transmission crossmember is. We end up modifying the crossmember mount for a 60, or we use an early FJ60 crossmember.

I have never seen a cop or tag office check the frame against the registration. I know someone will chime in on an obscure story but whatcha worried about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom