80/20 type rack question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I have a Prospeed, but Prinsu and Bowfin, etc are basically the same. I havent installed this yet. I watched a video. Seems super easy.

My question is this: Once you install them via that silicone, are the spacers permanent? Sort of dumb question, but I wanted some insight before I tore my roof rack off.

I ask because the glorious Phx sun has beat up my clear coat on my roof and hood. Eventually I am going to get a paint job. I had planned on getting one this summer before I installed any more exterior mods like a roof rack... but I have a long trip in Sept/Oct and I wont have time to get the truck painted before then, and I'd like to install the roof rack.

Any insight from those that have done the install? Can I still remove those spacers and/or will be taping around them easy in the future?

Silicone isn't super glue, you should be able to remove it if you decide to remove the rack.

Silicone isn't super glue, you should be able to remove it if you decide to remove the rack.
Yeah, that was my logic. Just wondering from someone who has installed one. Have you, by chance?

Yeah, that was my logic. Just wondering from someone who has installed one. Have you, by chance?

I installed the Prospeed and used silicone as recommended to reduce the chance of water leaks. I haven't had a need nor plan to take it off however. But as noted above, it's no different from using it around your tub/shower. It can be peeled off.

Thanks guys. I know it was sort of a dumb question, but I wanted to double check before I started the job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom