Builds 78 Mustard Yellow FJ40 #Tiger40 (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s been a hectic month, but I’m finally getting some free time to work on the FJ40. I removed the old weatherstrip from both front doors, and my father-in-law is coming by today to help apply the new weatherstrip. Once that’s all done it will be time to rebuild the birfield knuckles and brake system.

IMG_6792.jpeg

Very interested in how you installed the packing at the windshield, top and bottom. At the windshield hinge, did you glue both ends? At the top, did you have to disassemble the bow above the door opening?

Very interested in how you installed the packing at the windshield, top and bottom. At the windshield hinge, did you glue both ends? At the top, did you have to disassemble the bow above the door opening?
I cut/modified the seal so that it sat on the bow without needing to disassemble it. Then, instant set adhesive was placed only where it contacts the bow leaving the lower end loose. That way I could take the bows off if I ever needed to, and the windshield part of the seal wouldn't be glued to the frame.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I cut/modified the seal so that it sat on the bow without needing to disassemble it. Then, instant set adhesive was placed only where it contacts the bow leaving the lower end loose. That way I could take the bows off if I ever needed to, and the windshield part of the seal wouldn't be glued to the frame.

View attachment 3300823

View attachment 3300824
Thanks - I’ll likely go the same route. What about the packing further down the windshield frame? Did you glue both ends?

Nice work and video! Will be interesting to see how that adhesive holds up - seems a lot easier than the 3M stuff that most people aren’t patient enough to work with…

Also, remember “FJ” is usually used for the FJ Cruiser not our beloved FJ40s… :slap: LOL

Nice work and video! Will be interesting to see how that adhesive holds up - seems a lot easier than the 3M stuff that most people aren’t patient enough to work with…

Also, remember “FJ” is usually used for the FJ Cruiser not our beloved FJ40s… :slap: LOL
It's the same stuff that cruiser corps sells/recommends so I'm hopeful about it. I have already made the terrible habit of calling it the FJ, definitely need to correct that :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom