77 Fj40 Smurf Blue Paint Code? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 76 Fj40 and want to paint it that 77 smurf blue color, but need to find out what the ppg color code is. I think the color is called "Kalahari Blue". I'm going to use dupont centari, so if you guys could even get me a dupont color code it would be greatly appreciated. Vintage offroad is selling a 77 Fj40 right now, that is the color that I'm talking about. Thanks, Pete

I dont have the colour code off hand but colour code is colour code is colour code. The code is an OEM code that all paint manf. match. It is not like one matches one code and another matches somthing else. The only difference is the materials that make up the colour not the colour itself. The VIN have the codes on them or check out JT outfitters. They have a colour chart with codes. BTW: It is my favorite cruiser colour. My 73 is painted that.

VIN ends in 318, I think thats the code.

Don't know if this is the right blue, but it looks pretty smurf-like.

I checked the auto color libary, and couldn't tell. Dinkleberry, the paint code should be either on the firewall or the underside of the hood. I looked up the number in your vin, but didn't find any matches. I'm determined to paint my cruiser this color, The guys who were selling that cruiser on ebay weren't any help, they couldn't even give me the paint code even though, they had repainted it, so obiously they new what code it was, they told me to check out cool cruisers. Been there, done that, still at the same place I started at. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I was reading the chicken scratch off the bill of sale. :slap:

Just checked the VIN tag on the truck and it ends in 819.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom