Builds 76 Fj40 Face Lift (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, after selling and giving away a pirate hoard of “Lake House Treasures”, I’m down to a mere 3 storage units.
It should be right around springtime before (if ever) I get dug out. With no immediate end in sight this year, all winter warfare with the Mule will come to an end. Unless, I go all in.

So, I’m committing the reserves for “Operation - Refrestomod Mule 2.0“. Teaming up with “Rubber City Landcruisers” for an epic Mule full body makeover event. Not to be confused with a “resto”. Swapping out some black diamond plate for a new aluminum tub and cowl.

H hour is early next week…..Thanks to everyone who gave me tips, advice and encouragement. It’s only been 6-7 years since I made my bold uninitiated predictions about painting the mule…

I will be rafffling of bits of diamond plate to help reduce some of the cost…😎

Edit for shameless plug - Rubber City Land Cruisers | Fj40 FJ60 Toyota Land Cruiser | Akron, OH, USA - https://www.rubbercitylandcruisers.com/
Man... how'd I miss this... 28 pages of catch up should be a good read. Diving in.

Spoke w/Dave viaemail about a carrier. It’s on the “like to have list”. There is a set of his side step/sliders and a set of fold down legs for t(e jump seats on the way. “Ms Revenge” like the carrier too..😉
We've gone from "the one who shall not be named" to "Ms. Revenge"... definite vibe shift in the 2.0 era.

1st wet sanding…..

3AE73E99-B790-4D16-96F2-F2931D18AF78.jpeg

B115ABD9-645C-4ECE-9B24-04E1BD990BF7.jpeg

FCBD9FEE-CAE2-4453-9FFA-1C3E5197CA08.jpeg

Last edited:
And in great company…..

Indeed…

You’re going to miss the “shop truck” (mascot). 😉

Great seeing everyone today…dropped the seat covers and foam off at the apholstry shop this afternoon. I made the mistake of looking at another catalog of samples..taking the color chip down to recalibrate my eye. Door cards may be a dilemma as well..May have to think outside the box.

Indeed…

You’re going to miss the “shop truck” (mascot). 😉

Great seeing everyone today…dropped the seat covers and foam off at the apholstry shop this afternoon. I made the mistake of looking at another catalog of samples..taking the color chip down to recalibrate my eye. Door cards may be a dilemma as well..May have to think outside the box.
Like that one eyed cat that’s missing most of its hair….

Just showing off now....

A perfect finish has always been a favorite of mine….looky here, another favorite! Gonna be too sweet to take outside. My “orange” 45 has been in the garage for 11 weeks! Not coming out until it is fully dry out, blue sky, 60 degrees, and a hint of honeysuckle in the air…..😆

A perfect finish has always been a favorite of mine….looky here, another favorite! Gonna be too sweet to take outside. My “orange” 45 has been in the garage for 11 weeks! Not coming out until it is fully dry out, blue sky, 60 degrees, and a hint of honeysuckle in the air…..😆
The honeysuckle is deceptive... the blossoms can land on your truck and leave small smears of nectar and pollen, such a pain to get off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom