For Sale 73' FJ40, Probably WILL last long. Project, and not mine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series

Seller doesn't have a price on it that I saw. But thought I'd throw this out to you guys. Looks like a solid body for project 40.

NOT MINE either!

I like it when members post the pics and details here too so after the CL posting disappears, we still have record of it (research, pricing, history, etc.). Someone may buy this and try to flip it or resell it a year or two later and we can see the history. Also, when they do list a price, it helps us get an idea of what they are selling for (or at least what people are asking for them) :)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1973 FJ40 Project- considering educated and reasonable offers. This is in pieces. Planned to build a crawler. Selling due to in over my head time wise. This is a serious project with lots of high end parts. Body is amazingly rust free, it was kept inside by PO. Tons of pics available for serious intended buyers.

If you call please leave message as I don't answer calls that are not in my contact list due to spam

Vortec Gen III 5.3
New Radiator
AA Bell housing w/ Centerforce clutch
NV4500 w/ new 5th mod & short Dodge tail housing, 5.61 1st
Atlas 2 5:1 ratio
Front and Rear Diamond axles FJ60 width
Disc brakes, Land Cruiser
4x4 Labs Frombe Steering, power steering
Trail Gear knuckles 6 bolt w/ ARP high torque studs
Marlin big knuckle bearings
Chrome moly front hubs, all new from CruiserOutfitters
RCV Performance axles
4Runner rear brake setup w/E brake
Downey type Steering box
Downey Fuel tank in rear
Hard Top
FJ 60 length rear Alcan springs
Front springs flipped
Shackle reversal
4.88’s w/ ARB lockers
RuffStuff rear frame boxed
Rear Swing Out Spare carrier

A5.jpg

A4.jpg

A#.jpg

A2.jpg

Looks like it could be a really cool rig, but have never heard of anyone having good luck buying a big project like this that is only partially done. What a fair price be for it? I'm sure he has a bunch in the parts, but can't see it selling for a fraction in its current condition.

If CL is correct, it doesn’t have a title. That’s a huge issue.

Owner is a mudder, local to me. I've seen the rig before, it is a serious project but a super clean project.

Contacted him....his response:

”Taking offers. I’ve told a couple others $15-17K, will take best offers, one looking next week”

Haha! True! Guy needs to finish it if he wants some real money out of it.
Sounds like he doesn't have the time to invest in it.

Haha! True! Guy needs to finish it if he wants some real money out of it.

Sounds like he doesn't have the time to invest in it.

this happens more times than you'd think,
someone starts off all gung ho, dives deep into a project, buying all the goodies he wants, then time drags on and it's not running and gets pushed off for other priorities.
then the time comes to get rid of it and he has $10,000 spent on a bunch of parts and wants that much for it and it's worth no where near that much.
so then he needs to decide, to take a loss or at least get it running and driving

I don't know how much the guy is asking for the above rig, my example above is just an example.

Bezel police have been dispatched.

Yes that's me. I've been absent for some time now, just busy with"stuff". I realize I won't get near the money I've got in to it. I guess folks are afraid to even make an offer.

I love it........I would be happy to make an offer of $16,000 or more i if I could get some more info please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom