70 Series Model with Maximum Parts Availability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drivetrain aside, I don't think I'd choose a particular 70 series based on parts availability. A lot of parts interchange. They may not be 100% interchangeable but maybe 80-90% and with some tweaking, can work. The FRP 73/74 top, Troopy top and all the various roofs might be tricky to replace in the US but if you've damage those beyond repair.... well, :doh::meh:

Actually over 3000+ possible variations in its soon to be 40th year of manufacture.

Likely the most “modular” vehicle ever manufactured en masse by a modern automobile company.
That is incredible. I believe it, it takes a deep dive to decipher all the engine/model/trim codes. That book looks awesome too. I might have to order it. I just have this one - it's good but a little more general:

oJl3CwR.jpg

This site also has a ton of information. It's how I found the various wheelbase differences.

Someone really spent some time putting that together, wow. I love the Doctors without Borders technical

08r8FmL.png

Not online.

But if you read these things called books and have the time and some $$$ to pursue it… 200 pages of more than you’ll ever want/need to know about an industrial toaster….

View attachment 3216922

Joined the club. This is a pretty damn cool book. Tons of killer info.

20230207_122156.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom