'70 fj in bone yard GA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SAD ---- 70 and 71 FJ40 at Pull a Part off Buford hwy in Norcross, GA. The 71 has heavy rust and the 71 is minimal IMO. Hit me up if you have ?. I will try to provide more info from my recon trip today. No engines in either. Heck, i'll go get what i can and ship for what it cost for a six pack. I can't stand seeing it going to scrap! Pics are of the '70
lc0.jpg
lc01.jpg
lc05.jpg

Hmmmm. That one pictured has a later dash than a 1970...?

I would pull ALL the small parts off it: steering column and wheel, windshield frame, seats, hood, latches, hinges, pedals, etc.

Someone will need those parts if they aren't rusty. Nice Find. :)

SAD ---- 70 and 71 FJ40 at Pull a Part off Buford hwy in Norcross, GA. The 71 has heavy rust and the 71 is minimal IMO. Hit me up if you have ?. I will try to provide more info from my recon trip today. No engines in either. Heck, i'll go get what i can and ship for what it cost for a six pack. I can't stand seeing it going to scrap! Pics are of the '70

That seafoam (light) green color is correct for a '70.

If that lower-right dash pad is in decent shape, PM me!

How rusty is the tub on the '70? If only surface rust, then I'll be on my way with a trailer and sawzall
!
IMO, I would bring wrenches and break free. If I didin't specifically want the later model tub, I would already be priming! This tub needs little work to be GOOD.

Hi
Are there any decent barn doors on either?
Thanks
Jerry

Thanks

Both have barn doors.

FYI for all:
I am presently trying to deal with Pull a Part on buying the complete '70 for some one.

The '71 has barn doors. I believe they are salvagable with some minimal sheet metal work. I really need to get back and do some more in depth investigation on both. Unfortunately, I now will not be able to get back there until Tuesday:mad:

I have interest in barn doors as well as some other misc stuff (turn signal arm for example).

whats left of them?

update

I pulled the body off the '71 and brought it home on a trailer. I plan to use the rear 1/2 tub. The front has some holes, but may be of some use to somebody.
1970 Body 1.jpg

I could use the floor board under the driver's seat. In particular I'm looking for the box under the driver's side of the bench seat. I have the bench seat but not everything the driver's side mounts on.

The box is welded to the floor. I can cut the floor around the box and ship the whole thing to you if interested.
1970 Body 3.jpg

Hi
Thanks
Jerry

Decent, but not great. Bottoms are a little rusty. PM me and I can send pics.

whats left of them?

Not much left. A few good fenders, steering wheels w/ 3 on tree, hood & hinges from '71, 2 rear heaters, front heaters, original steel wheels, front bench seats on '70 (good shape - I would have pulled them but ran out of time), steering assemblies, rear pumkins and I believe the front transfer and tranny are still in what's left of the '71.
1970 Body 1.jpg
1970 Body 3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find. They are supposed to email me when they get a cruiser guess I need to go register it again.

tech savvy

Well, it's a cash only business with a off duty cop at the door and maybe two people who speak English. I don't know if I'd hold my breath for an email ;)
Nice find. They are supposed to email me when they get a cruiser guess I need to go register it again.

This has never worked for me.

I even called and left message about purchasing the whole rig. And ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am still waiting for a return call:mad:

Just frequent the web site for inventory!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom