'68 build-- aka -- TANK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like they say opinions are like @$$holes, everyone has one and they all stink. Never been a huge fan of the black top on the 40's, but'll look good with this color. Had you though of doing a pearl white or off-white top...would look pretty sick.

WE BETTER NOT TELL @sschruff HE MAY WANT A NEW JIZZ TOY!!!!

:hmm::hmm::lol::lol::lol::hmm::hmm:

J

display_image.jpg

P1010987.JPG

WE BETTER NOT TELL @sschruff HE MAY WANT A NEW JIZZ TOY!!!!

:hmm::hmm::lol::lol::lol::hmm::hmm:

J

display_image.jpg

View attachment 1083246

HAH! you put a fleur de lis on the side of it and he'll buy it on the spot....he'll also make a hell of a "mess" the first time he saw it....in fact he's probably already reaching for a bottle of his favorite sil glyde. BWAHAHAHAHAHA :cheers:

Still plugging along. Haven't gotten as much done as I wanted this week, but its still progress nonetheless..Received my 555 TREs from Cruiser Outfitters..... OOOOOHHH SHINY!! My standard Eastwood epoxy primer arrived as well.

Still waiting on the motor mounts... made a few brackets and decided to go sand some of the panels in the backyard.

J

P1020004.JPG
P1020011.JPG
P1020014.JPG

I like the 555 tre's, but mine was not so shiny after two days, after a week they were brown.
My last set was nice and shiny for two years before rust started to show...
I'll have to clean them up, didn't have any paint when I did them.

I like the 555 tre's, but mine was not so shiny after two days, after a week they were brown.

I keep a spray can of clear coat on hand for these types of occasions... HEE HEE

J

Looks good. Was the Wilwood brake master in a kit? I'm going to need to upgrade mine when I finally get to installing Poser's rear disk setup that's been sitting in my garage for a couple of months.

Looks good. Was the Wilwood brake master in a kit? I'm going to need to upgrade mine when I finally get to installing Poser's rear disk setup that's been sitting in my garage for a couple of months.

Yes, it was a full kit from Man A Fre. Steve recommended it for the application I was wanting. This is a NON-Booster 4 disc set up for PRE-7/70 tandem disc applications. IMO, it is based off of the early corvette style of brake masters operating 4 wheel discs.

J

Makes sense now. I'll be running a booster on the pig so I'll probably look at an FJ80 booster.

Not quite... Yes, I admit it looks like I move fast... But, this is what I do for work 5-8 hours a day 5 days a week, when NOT build people bumpers, etc...

Today, I rebuilt the power steering pump, new o-rings and installed, motor mounts arrived and installed, alternator bracket installed as well. Sanded the back side of all the panels from yesterday and they are in the shop now. Cut the glass out of the HT side and liftgate, they will get some love next week along with making mods to the transmission crossmember.

Hoping to score a smog pump delete kit.. Looking at WHICH 1-wire alternator to order to further simplify the wiring.

Got all the goodies to build new battery cables today. Marine tinned 1/0 cable, SA shrink tube, tinned terminal ends, military battery terminals..

Header is ready for VHT HIGH HEAT PRIMER/PAINT...

NEXT WEEK is another WEEK!!

J

PS... OH yeah, painted the TDC and BTDC flywheel marks in fluorescent orange and green...

Cheers guys and have a great and safe weekend.

P1020031.JPG
P1020032.JPG
P1020033.JPG
P1020034.JPG

My new ones look like I live on the coast also. Never had tre's look like this. A clean up and paint is on the list but I was surprised they rusted so fast.

My new ones look like I live on the coast also. Never had tre's look like this. A clean up and paint is on the list but I was surprised they rusted so fast.

Dip them in bacon grease...

We need a bacon grease thread over at campfire... HEE HEE!!!

J

Have you considered using a common 3-wire alt ? It's not hard to wire properly and you get a lot more stable voltage....
http://www.madelectrical.com/

Sarge

As most know I SUCK! at electrical... Hence the reasoning behind my wishes for a 1-wire. However, I hate the fact that unless it hits a higher rpm the battery is NOT charged.

I appreciate the link. Still up in the air on this..

J

Header is painted. I need to catch up honey-do's this weekend and rest a bit to try and shake this bug. Need all the energy I can store up if I'm going to try and get most of the bodywork completed.

Also, finally got around to picking up my Trail-Tailor sample hat... I likey!! Will be ordering these in brown, black and red.

J

P1020048.JPG
P1020050.JPG

Header is painted. I need to catch up honey-do's this weekend and rest a bit to try and shake this bug. Need all the energy I can store up if I'm going to try and get most of the bodywork completed.

Also, finally got around to picking up my Trail-Tailor sample hat... I likey!! Will be ordering these in brown, black and red.

J

View attachment 1085096 View attachment 1085097

Are you going to cure your header on the truck. Count me in for a hat.

Are you going to cure your header on the truck. Count me in for a hat.

Yes, I have done many motors and headers months after the painting. I bring the motor up to operating temp and then I let it idle in the driveway for 45-60 min. Seems to cure and harden better..

I'll have the hats for sale in a couple weeks.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom