'62 FJ40 in the Netherlands (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This emblem.
View attachment 2228115
Should the black part under the landcruiser text be black on a 62? Or all chrome?
I think it was black, but I'm sure the older edges were chrome. That edge black was a newer addition. I stripped that black off a new one with a citrus stripper and bamboo skewers.
20180924_144053.jpg

Last edited:
In the bag with bolts for the fender aprons we found two of these clips
55619B7F-B246-4294-A8DE-32153C10085B.jpeg

Think this is the wrong place but really can’t remember where they were. And can’t find it on the before pics. Who can help?

View attachment 2267516
Think this is the wrong place but really can’t remember where they were. And can’t find it on the before pics. Who can help?
are they the same size as the ones that hold the windshield wiper wiring?

There’s three of those clips on the inside firewall that hold the main wire harness in place. One goes here circled in red, the other two are further up under the dash indicated by arrows:
266E8D29-417F-4CB8-9873-74500F818620.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 2267516

It might go under the fender to hold the turn signal wire?? The ones that go on the firewall to hold the wiring harness are bigger.

IMG_3395.jpeg

this one shows location better, i think you just have it on the wrong side and probably needs to go closer to front of fender and apron
IMG_3396.jpeg

Last edited:
brake job coming🙁. Did all the cilinders about 8 years ago when we started this job. Drove it some time back then and took all apart and stored it. Didn’t cap it off :bang: It seems moisture was attracted by the brake fluid and caused corrosion. One wheel cylinder is leaking after we used the brakes a couple of times. Will do all the cylinders again.

Koningsdag = Woningsdag this year. (Stay home day). This is the first time since Willem Alexander is king the weather is nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom