60 Series Spare Tire Lowering Tool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy!

I'm getting to know my new Canadian HJ60. Five new wheels and tires are nearly ready to go on, but my car is missing two of the four pieces to the spare tire lowering winch tool! The winch looks in better shape than some of the basket cases posted here, but it's soaking in WD-40 nonetheless.

A replacement toolkit for a 60 seems a bit hard to find, and I'm only missing two of the four pieces of the lowering wrench. Would this set from eBay for a 2005-2013 Toyota Tacoma do the trick? More specifically, does the hook fit the lowering slot and the bottle jack? The price sure is right if it does. Or perhaps there's another similarly priced kit that will work?

Let me know what you think!
Phil

From amayama few $/piece. I bought one ehtension piece from partsouq but seems to be out of stock there. Tacoma hook looks different than 60 series one so hard to say if it fits.

Here is some more information:

Hook: 09115-60030
Extension: 09114-60050
Handle: 09116-35041

I don't think you need the extension to use the hook and handle with the spare tire jack. In fact you can use anything really that will engage into the slot on the hoist mechanism.

Below are Parts References where these same parts were found. When I google search some of the part numbers (hook) I also get other hits from Toyota sites with other applications.

1637333789420.png

1637333814117.png

1637333852314.png

Here is some more information:

Hook: 09115-60030
Extension: 09114-60050
Handle: 09116-35041

I don't think you need the extension to use the hook and handle with the spare tire jack. In fact you can use anything really that will engage into the slot on the hoist mechanism.

Below are Parts References where these same parts were found. When I google search some of the part numbers (hook) I also get other hits from Toyota sites with other applications.

View attachment 2842787

View attachment 2842788

View attachment 2842789
Thanks, this is what I needed! Parts 09116-35041 and 09115-60030 are what I'm missing. Now, where to find them... about $45 shipped for both parts from Toyota.

An update for those finding this thread in the future...

The part numbers are an exact fit! I sourced them stateside from a local Toyota dealership. The winch lowered smoothly with no hang-ups and my matching spare tire is now snugged up under there. Interestingly, the winch on mine is a steel cable, and not a chain like I've seen on other Mud posts. The existing spare was only slightly more useful than no spare at all, and wouldn't have gotten me very far.

It's better to buy the correct tool first than it is buying the cheap one first and the expensive one later.

Cheers!

I put my spare in the back of the truck. It takes up space for now but lives in a healthier environment.

An update for those finding this thread in the future...

The part numbers are an exact fit! I sourced them stateside from a local Toyota dealership. The winch lowered smoothly with no hang-ups and my matching spare tire is now snugged up under there. Interestingly, the winch on mine is a steel cable, and not a chain like I've seen on other Mud posts. The existing spare was only slightly more useful than no spare at all, and wouldn't have gotten me very far.

It's better to buy the correct tool first than it is buying the cheap one first and the expensive one later.

Cheers!

Your spare tire winch has likely been swapped out by a PO. All the 60 series I've seen ('81-'88) had a chain with the winch. I think some of the other Toyota models had a cable.

The cable style are more likely to break over time. Mostly due to over tension by users. Chains seem to get kinked up more often causing lock up frustration while trying to get tire up/down. Bumper mount or inside is far less frustrating and much easier access.

I've searched around on the forums but haven't found a thread to help me get mine down. Have all the jack pieces it just seems to be seized up. I've coated it in PB Blast and let it soak but no joy. Anybody had any luck getting above the tire when it is stuck there to get it down? Looking for any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Thanks. I was trying to avoid that but it ended being easier than screwing with the mechanism. I need to treat some beginning stages of rust anyway after getting it down. And replace the whole mechanism as it's pretty rusty and not aurebif it will ever work again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom