5th Annual Cruise Michigan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ocho77

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.op-art.guru
It's that time again. Similar venue to previous years. We will either hold the event at our house again, or at the store, which is right on M 37, just north of Baldwin.

This post will show details, as well as those who are planning to attend. I'll try to keep it updated, but if you don't see your name here and plan on attending, let me know and I will add it to the list.

Date: Saturday, June 25, 2022
When: Anytime - lunch will be ready at noon.
Location: Either our house again or the store property - will let you know once we decide.
Food: We'll provide pulled pork, buns, baked beans, coleslaw, chips and soft drinks. If there is something else you want, let me know.

We will also have our token shot of Jeremiah Weed, for those who wish to partake in the goodness...

You Provide: Drink of choice and chairs.

Lodging: Camping on our property is fine, whether tent/vehicle/RTT/trailer etc. We have room. People are more than welcome to camp here Friday night and Saturday night. There are also two campgrounds fairly close, the largest being Whiskey Creek campground, if you prefer those amenities.

Trail Ride: I'll put together a 'trail ride' for Saturday, June 25th, consisting of two-tracks/forest/seasonal roads, and depending on where we hold the event, we may run Tin Cup. We will head out after lunch, approximately 1:00. The plan is to make pit stops at some local dive bars, ending somewhere for dinner.

An alternative plan is being considered, making this a multi-day event. We would head out Saturday and head north, ending up in Drummond Island on Sunday. Visit Tahquamenon Falls on Monday, and then ending from there.

Would be interested to hear people's opinions on which they prefer, as that will dictate which trails we run on Saturday.

Please let me know if you need anything or have questions:

RSVP: When you RSVP, please verify the following:
  • Number of people (kid and pet friendly)
  • When you will be arriving/departing (if camping, for planning purpose)
Again, there is an open invitation for those that arrive on Friday night to share in some bourbon (or whatever you drink), while we stare at smokers.

Pretty sure I have left some out, but please feel free to share!

@Ocho77 - 4, hosting
@dogfishlake - 6, totally guessing
@cheezypoof - 2
@MichLC - 1, I am counting you in even though you haven't committed :)
@69LC - 1
@TCEd - 2
@HiPlainsDrftr
@apc15
@Crush 4
@westveld - 2
@Sandroad
@kbahus
@in8mud
@LC100MI
@Sweet Water - 1, also counting you in though you have not responded. I'll plan on you bailing after the food again :)
@RoadRamblinFJ60 - 2
@Hornd - 4, glad you guys are making the trip again!
@Buttons
@ElviMcCoy
@AllLC
@Gumby
@prodedvm
@LuluonSL
@BGMachine
@Golgo13
@lizznkirby
@scottm
@AKAIE15
@YooperCruiser
@eagleI18
@Dilspec
@RocketCityCrzrs - 4, Rory, I am counting on you and your family!!!!
@ceylonfj40nut
@Danger Cruiser
@Mightymes - 4 - totally guessing here!
@Blue Phoenix
@90ToyHauler
@Supra88

Last edited:
Fran and I are in and prefer the multiday event but will attend whatever becomes the consensus event.

Dunrie and I wouldn't miss it, count us in.

We're interested in the multiday. If that happens consider this an open invitation for anyone to follow us from the UP to our place on the northern Bruce Peninsula, Ontario - via Manitoulin Island & the ferry to Tobermory. We have plenty of lakeside & wilderness land you're welcome to hike and camp on.

I’m in and would like to do Drummond. It is not very difficult but very pretty and a nice adventure
Otherwise my vote is Wolf Lake Store, but you already know that😁
I will drag as much family and as many Cruisers as possible. Likely 2 or 3 FJ40’s, 2 or 3 80’s, 1 or 2 100’s. Cruiser extended family!

I Have family on Drummond we love going up there. Even if not for this trip I would definitely recommend, but I still doubt that the Toyota will be ready. Kid #3 has really slowed down progress

Consider it marked in my calendar! It will be two on my end, and more than likely camping in a small trailer. Whatever plan is decided for the weekend would be fine with enough of a heads up, for requesting time off at work.

Thanks for coordinating this Ocho77, it's a lot of work but it's well worth it!

Drat I’m planning on wind rock this date! If i cancel or plans change I’m in though

I would like to go, just wrapping up a swap, and if everything shakes out OK, I'll be there Friday and I can do any trip, as long as I know about time off. 4 or 5 with a dog and small on-site camper. Hopefully @HiPlainsDrftr can Join us.
Awesome! Welcome and we will all be excited to meet you!

Dunrie and I wouldn't miss it, count us in.

We're interested in the multiday. If that happens consider this an open invitation for anyone to follow us from the UP to our place on the northern Bruce Peninsula, Ontario - via Manitoulin Island & the ferry to Tobermory. We have plenty of lakeside & wilderness land you're welcome to hike and camp on.
If we can get a multi-day trip planned this would be a sweet option next year! I still have not figured out if I can do the multi-day trip this year. I can plan one either way. I think it would be awesome to plan a day around our place, then head across the bridge, visit some falls, drummond island, then over to your stomping grounds and back through Detroit. Could be a sweet trip!!

We are down for Drummond or whatever. Bringing both Boys (6&3) this year and will be camping.
Even in the Rain last year we had a Ton of Fun both on the Ride and at Whisky Creek.
Hoping we can hit some dives this year and chat with all the Fellow Cruiserheads.
Wife already asking for a Hoodie, and I can bring up Yingy for anyone interested at actual Price.
This motivates me to get any improvements I need done before the Meetup....Thinking OBA this year.

Cancelled Drummond due to new job, so I’m in for Saturday at the least! Will be me and probably my older boys, 10 & 9.

Suddenly it's only two months to the event weekend.

Alright, I have about 20-25 people so far. I'm guessing more will fall in line.

Plan as of right now is to host it at the store. I'm thinking we can run Tin Cup, since I have never run that loop. It will be something different than the two tracks we have run in the past. I am guessing there will also be much more ATV traffic on that trail. There are a few dive bars we can venture to along the way, I believe.

The store where we are tentatively hosting is the Wolf Lake Store, located at 1254 N M 37, Baldwin. We own the lot next to the store and I'll rent a tent or something for us all to convene under. Available space on that lot is less than an acre, so I will come up with a parking plan to accommodate. It will be interesting having all the Toyota's lined up along M37.

There are two motels in Wolf Lake if that is your preference. Wolk Lake Motel, which is on the water across the street from the store. I've mever seen the rooms. The other motel is the Daystar Motel which is about 1/4 mile south of the store. John owns that and is a great dude. Super clean rooms.

There is a campground about 2 miles south of the store, called Salmon Creek Campground, if you want to stay there. I believe they have full hook-ups if needed. There is also probably plenty of rustic camping in the area on state land if that is your preference.

If you would rather, people are still more than welcome to camp on our property. I'll be smoking the meat Friday night in the barn, as usual, and anyone is welcome to join in some bourbon or the drink of your choice while we stare at smokers and cruisers. It's always been a good time hanging out previous years.

If you have questions or need anything, please reach out and let me know. Our house is about 30 minutes from the store, for planning purposes. Campgrounds close to our house are Whiskey Creek Campground, which has bath houses and full hookups, as well as a store and gas. It is about 15 minutes from our house. Another great option is Black Lake Campground, which is about 2 miles from our house. People have stayed here in the past and enjoyed it. Much smaller county owned campground.

More details as the time nears.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Ocho,
Re: Tin Cup. Is an ORV sticker required ? ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom