55 progress slow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Threads
I thought I'd have her driving again for the school's car show tomorrow, but there's just too much PO mess to fix. I can't work around the things that bug me.

So far:
Replaced TH350/4speed with TH400/NP203/3speed

Replaced 70's era belt system with a serpintine one from a TBI G series van. Reverse water pump, high amp alt, p/s and very important A/C compressor to go with the previously unused factory A/C in the cab.

Cut rusted rockers back almost to the bottom of the doors and replaced with 2x4x.25 sliders from my 80.

Replaced rear drums with monte carlo disks

pulled 40 series cast saganaw adapter from the FRONT on the crossmember. Rewelded the bumper brackes back three inches to where they belong. Remounted the saganaw pump behind the crossmember greatly improving the relay rod angle.

Pulled serp system back off to replace with cast aluminum serp system from a 89 4.3L Blazer. Moves p/s pump up and in enough to clear the steering shaft in it's new position. :doh: Looks far beefier as well.

Pulled stock rad, no shroud and 6 blade flex fan off. Replaced with aluminum from dirttrackthunder.com and Taurus fan. NEED A/C condenser.

Pulled relay rod with welded in addition and purposly bent TRE. Replaced with 1.5x.375 DOM with Poison Spyder inserts and 3/4 heims.

Attached to temporary, but beefy double steering arm.

New brake pads

26" TEQ hood sticker :D

Yet to do:

Install winch and winch bumper

Have non-temporary professional d-shafts built

Birf job

4x4 labs high steer

get anti wrap installed

Aussies

Lokar shifter (stupid ratchet shifter now)

modify triple stick

a/c condensor and plumbing

TBI (got one ready to go)

extended shock hoops

take pics

Wheel stinkin dog-piss out of it.

http://www.ackits.com/
These guys have a new style parallel flow condenser cheep . I just put one in my 55 , and if i ever get off my rear and put the hoses in i will finally have ac

Evan

whew! im tired just reading that, have you slept yet??

is the stock rad a four row and does it need a home?

Rhino I have a stock radiator I might be willing to part with. PM me if you are interested.

RUSH55 said:
Yeah no kidding! You're not an ex Enron CEO are you?

LOL! Not hardly. I had most of the stuff on my 40. I built the steering arm and modded a few things, but most of it I already had laying around.

I did have some help from the students, but a lot of their work is three steps forward, two steps back. ;)

Only pic of progress so far.

The red was a test on a spare hood. I didn't think red would go with the green so well.
redTEQhood.jpg
pighood.jpg

Gumby said:
Only pic of progress so far.

The red was a test on a spare hood. I didn't think red would go with the green so well.

um... Wow... thats decent. wounder what mine would look like.

I thought you were not gonna buy that 55 I saw at the school? I guess the guy sold it to you at the right price :) . Tell me if you need any help working on it. I'll work on the birfields, seeing that you taught me so well. Gonna have to give me a final exam!

I guess i've lived under a rock for a while so this might sounds like a stupid question to all of you, but what is that simbol that gumby painted on that bonnet/hood? it looks nice btw.
i've seen it on the engine, oil cap etc. etc.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom